1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Turnips!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by SuzeJ, Jun 30, 2011.

1. My veg box this week contained some lovely baby turnips [​IMG] I could trawl my usual favourite websites for some inspiration, however I'd prefer the wisdom of you lovely lot. What would you suggest? I did think of grating them and adding to homemade coleslaw.
    Thanks!

2. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

3. Si, you are a superstar, the ideas are great and just what I need. Note to oneself, do a quick search, there's bound to be a thread here on cookery!

4. Do you mean turnip or suede?
    I have to ask, as we oooooooooop North are different, you see.

5. They are definitely baby turnips. I haven't had any swede in the box for quite a while now. They're a beautiful white colour especially as I've now washed the mud off!

6. LOL at my spelling mistake.
    However - what some call a swede, I call a turnip and vice verse.
    Ask Lilac - she even once started a questionnaire about this and stuck little flags on it!
    For me, a turnip is orange and a swede is white!

7. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Up here, they're all turnips, but we always know what we're talking about as we refer to the ones commonly known as swedes as neeps. [​IMG]