1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

turned up on the wrong day!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by parachute89, Jun 12, 2015.

1. parachute89

parachute89 New commenter

Hi there, I went to have an interview today and was told that they were held yesterday! After re-reading the email, I realised that I got the dates mixed up. Thankfully no one was appointed for the job, and the Reception woman was very understanding and kind about it. The HT was not there so she said she would contact her to let her know about the mishap, and to see if I can be considered for another interview.

Thankfully it seems likely that I will be considered for another interview. But have I made a bad impression? It was obviously quite unprofessional and disorganised of me to not turn up on the correct day and I realise that I wasted people's time. What would you think if this happened with a candidate of yours?

If I do get asked for interview again, is it likely that I will have to plan an entirely different lesson?

Thanks.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well!

WELL!

[​IMG]

I'll say nowt about daft beggars. [​IMG]

But in one way you are in a good position. Because now you have no competition, if they call you for interview!

Well, not a good one! But if they call you in, you still have a chance.

Daft beggar.

I have not the faintest idea! And that is, frankly, the least of your worries! Get back on to your mind maps and identifying and illustrating your key facts about yourself. Do not include punctuality as one of them.

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

3. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Bless you. We had a candidate at a Faculty for my school who turned up a day EARLY!

We all felt he was very enthusiastic!

You have explained yourself - you didn't just slink away and not approach them. If you're called, good luck.

4. :) It could be worse. I had a friend in uni who turned up a day late for a final year exam. . .he had to wait an entire year to sit it again! (not joking btw)

If the school are accommodating and see the humour in the situation then I reckon it must be a lovely school to work in.

5. rustyfeathers

rustyfeathers Occasional commenter

I feel your pain! I once did this with some training I was meant to deliver, having muddled two different training days. Lost the day's wages and travel expenses, though thankfully they were very understanding. It's a lesson learnt - though I'm still a touch paranoid about it to this day!