1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Turn off??!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by moggycat, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Depends on when you ask me...
    Sometimes my only requirement is that they are still breathing! (I'm over 50, menopausal, lonely and have desperate moments.....being housebound at least keeps me relatively safe from stupid mistakes!)

In my more sane moments...turn-offs would include:
    smoking
    lying
    intolerance
    weakness (I need someone strong enough to deal with me and my baggage)
    hypocrisy
    non-appreciative of me (for too long I listened to how worthless I am until I believed it...never, ever again!)

2. smoking
    excessive drug taking
    having a beard
    being shorter than me when I wear heels
    mardy
    rubbish at communicating

3. umemployed - mainly because I live a very comfortable lifestyle and hope to meet someone who has the means to live a similar lifestyle as mine (couldnt stand not being able to go out regularly, dining out, nice house, holidays etc- may sound too material but Im being honest)
    Short- have never and will never go out with someone short as I live in heels.
    Liar- I dislike being lied to. (doesnt everybody)
    Racist

4. What if someone was made redundant/lost their job when you were in a relationship
    Just out of interest.

5. At that point you would have built a relationship with someone- possibly to the point of falling in love with them and marrying them or having children etc. Thats a completely different situation. The things that you can cope with in a relationship are very different from the criteria when choosing a possible mate.
    I would not begin a relationship with someone whose lifestyle was restricted due to financial issues.
    However, if I met someone and fell in love and then some economic hardship hit I wouldn't leave them- we would work it out together because hopefully we would have built a relationship of love, trust, compromise and support.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

...unless you're an older woman. [​IMG]

7. Things which are deal breakers:
    • liars
    • someone who is unkind to my dogs
    • cowards
    • neediness.

8. bfudge69

bfudge69 New commenter

So a little bit of smack at the weekend is fine? [​IMG]
    I admire your tolerance

My turnoffs would include:
    Jealousy
    Nagging
    Moaning
    Moody
    Fibbing
    Not very bright.
    Someone who only drags their bum out of bed to work for a few hours per week and then complains that they don't have enough money but still spends loads on credit cards and expectsmetopaythemoffwhichIdobecauseI'machumpbutthenshespendsanotherflippingfortuneonthem!!!!!

but I'm not bitter [​IMG]

9. moggycat

moggycat New commenter

wow. What if they were the most decent person in the world that would do anything for you? Just interested, not having a go.

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

according to my wife im nagging moaning and moody...even not very bright........god i wouldnt stand a chance.Although i do admit i am sexy......well a little bit,..does that make me a fibber as well as well?
    and i used to think i was so handsome and wonderful.....

11. I was thinking of 2 particular ex boyfriends in particular! One who "only did coke on special occasions" and another who used to drink himself into a stupor most weekends. Needless to say they are ex boyfriends!
    It depends on the drug and the quantity... the odd bit of weed at a festival is one thing, getting ******, stoned, high or whatever it is you do on heroin out of your mind every weekend is not okay by me. And yeah, I count alcohol as a drug!