1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

turkey

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by aredwinedrinker, Dec 23, 2010.

1. ok, we ordered a SMALL turkey from a local farmer and ended up with a 17pounder...for 2 of us! any turkey recipes?!

2. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Possibly my favourite thing about Christmas is a turkey and stuffing sandwich!

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Me too. Lots of people look at me as if I am bonkers.
    After dinner tomorrow I will put together 2 more plates of roast dinner to reheat on Boxing Day. Then I will pick the meat off the carcass and get the stock on the boil. I love the smell of stock simmering (I have just done the giblet stock for the gravy tomorrow and the kitchen smells wonderful)!
    I have a lovely recipe for leek and turkey pie from Jamie Oliver so I will make up a huge pan of pie filling with leeks, stock and meat. Several batches can go into the freezer. The pasty lid is made from puff pastry but you roll out, crumble on some vacuum pack roasted chestnuts and fold over. The lovely sweet bits of chestnut in the pasty are wonderful.
    I'm sure there will be plenty left for sandwiches and extra stock for soup.

4. I have a husband who could eat these every day of the year quite happily. Turkey dustbin is not the word!

5. voodoo child

voodoo child New commenter

Turkey soup is the best meal of Christmas for me! I love the smell of the stock (you can make it in a pressure cooker if you have one). Then just strain the stock and bin the carcass, add any veg - carrot onion potato and simmer then blend. Delicious!

6. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Or - alternatively:
    Have you seen the recipe that's out for tarka massala?
    It's like turkey massala. Only.................................it's 'otter!

[​IMG]