1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Turkey Deal Fails

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vladimir, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

2. Sebastianandfriends

Sebastianandfriends Occasional commenter

The 'deal' has doubled our contribution from 250 million agreed last October to 500 million after the latest round of blackmail 'negotiations'.

A great deal for deniers of reality.

Vladimir likes this.
  3. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

4. Vladimir

Tourists do not have to be recognised as refugees, so they are fine to go to Turkey. I wouldn't mind a stay in Turkey! Why not? Great weather, good food, cheap, interesting architecture, beautiful scenery (Mt. Ararat) and I hear hiring a gulet is just wonderful! So, yes, I would do Turkey!

5. Vladimir

Just another reason to vote out. I saw Panorama last night and many pensioners are dying from cold or struggling to heat their dwellings. Some have to choose whether to eat our heat. Yet we are able to pour many more millions into the EU. Brexit is made even more a reality by this, and by yesterday's events in Brussels. I predict far more reasons to leave to come over the summer.

6. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I think you are being a little premature Vlad.

I doubt the deal will be effective but it isn't dead just yet

7. Sebastianandfriends

The 'deal' has doubled our contribution to 500 million. Whether it goes ahead or not we will still pay. We don't have a leader with the b alls to do anything about it.

8. Sebastianandfriends

But 500 million can be found for the blackmail 'negotiations' though. Shameful.

This is certain.