1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tunisia - is it safe now?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bizent, Jul 9, 2011.

1. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

OH and I want to go away on a two week holibobs - Tunisia seems dirt cheap and looks lovely - but is it safe to go there??

2. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Hi Biz,
    I've recently returned from a week in Tunisia with my daughter. Safe as houses! No problem whatsoever.
    Nicest place to choose is Port El Kantaoui by far. Climate is perfect, beaches lovely, locals friendly and cheap as chips at the mo. Take advantage and go for it.
    [​IMG]

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

But watch out for the Russians! [​IMG]

5. BelleDuJour

Oh yes, but Biz won't be interested in the girlies and their wedgie/thong thingies [​IMG]
    (but there were a couple of gorgeous gay Parisien gents when we were there Biz!)

6. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Don't know anything about Tunisia but the word "holibobs" has just brightened my Saturday evening. Thanks for introducing it to me!

7. ronnieg

ronnieg New commenter

I went to Hammamet(?) a few years ago and loved it. It is cheap and was the perfect place to catch some sun and relax. Don't think we moved away from the pool in 2 weeks - people were friendly although we did get occasionally bothered to buy or sell things. They seemed to be obsessed with anything electrical - Ipods etc

8. BelleDuJour

Have you booked anything yet Biz?
    [​IMG]

9. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

I think it will be Tunisia - i'm convinced!!

10. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

I aim to please!

11. I am also thrilled to have been introduced to the word holibobs. Our family word is hollywollies.
    No idea about Tunisia - ILS is the expert!

12. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

Booking it today...EEK!!

13. snowstorm

snowstorm New commenter

Have been 12 times; great for family hols, and yes, Port El Kantoui is pretty with yacths in the marina and nice restaurants. The Mediterranean was my favourite. Stayed in Sousse mainly but travelled around too; did a 10-day bespoke desert tour one xmas which was fab. You'll have a great time! It will be HOT at this time of year though, so take lots of suntan lotion and cooling aloevera for afters!
    SSx