1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tumble dryer blaze warning

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dunteachin, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

If you have a Hotpoint/Indesit model, certain ones are liable to burst into flames. Check the details on the This Morning website and find out if yours has been recalled.
    I must say, I never go out with appliances running and would never go to bed with the tumble dryer on. Always clean the filters and remove the lint after every load!

2. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

My washing machine switches itself off completely when the cycle has finished. I agree though @Dunteachin, I wouldn't go out or to bed with appliances running.

Don't have a tumbler though- just a 'maiden' in the utility area. Dries quickly too!

3. FairyHoneyPeaches

FairyHoneyPeaches Occasional commenter

Isn't it cheaper for some people to run appliances at night when the electricity demand is less and the cost cheaper (Economy 7)

4. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Have just been out to check mine.... have to go over and down the 2 awkward steps to the garage to see the dryer (I never use it as it goes against the grain,...) as MrRemfan is in charge of drying the bedding when it is washed and he uses the machine. The door is broken!! It is hanging off its hinge when opened. (he had been clearing out the lint tho as with my suspicious nature I doubted his word!! and in any case it is too old a model to be included in the alert)

5. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Yep, but be aware of the risk. 3,000+ blazes a year due to appliances!

6. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

That's what we do!

7. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Mine is an Indesit so I'm going to check now if it's been re-called.

8. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Phew. Mine is not one of the re-called numbers.