1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tuition Benefits Dubai

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by pendonash, Nov 19, 2018.

1. pendonash

pendonash New commenter

Does anyone know if the tuition benefits for dependents with the 'group of jewels' enable you to choose any of their schools?
    i.e. If you worked in an American Curriculum campus of one of their schools then could you send your child to a British curriculum campus of one of their schools. Or do your dependents have to go to he same school that you work at?

2. buaslo

buaslo New commenter

Don't know about this group but ours lets you have an equivalent amount to spend anywhere in the world, so I would imagine a different campus wouldn't present a problem.

3. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

From the little i know of this group i would be surprised if it was allowed. By all accounts there is significant differences between the schools within the group. The world acadamies being at the top, with the "rubber boot" schools being at the bottom. Have you actually contacted them to ask?

4. Powergnome3

Powergnome3 Occasional commenter

There is a precedent for it - I know of SLT who send their kids to the ‘better’ ones... whether rank and file get the same privileges....

5. gulfgolf

gulfgolf Established commenter

I don’t know about this specific practice but overall this group is budget conscious, to use the nice description. I suspect chances are low.

6. mungomango

mungomango New commenter

I just posted on another thread, but as I said there, I work for the chain of schools in Dubai. The boot schools are not at the bottom, they are some of the very top ones.
    In addition, it is possible to send your child to another school to the one you work at, IF it is the same type of school. Therefore, if you work in a "premium" school, you can send your child to another "premium" type school. If you work at a "mid-market" school you have to send your child to a "mid market" school. Unless you are in leadership and then you can send your child anywhere.
    And the school has to have places too, and you have to get them to the building. There are quite a few teachers at my school who send their children to other schools for all sorts of reasons, and vice versa.

pendonash and yasf like this.
  7. yasf

yasf Established commenter

Half heard, and half understood bar stool conversations are the bane of sites like these.

8. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

came direct from an ex colleague who works in the senior management of the group. this is exactly how he described the structure to me

9. pendonash

pendonash New commenter

Thanks so much- very helpful. Are you aware if this is common practice across the other big school company ventures too? TIA