1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

tudors rich/poor school visit derbyshire/manchester area?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by frillypants, Oct 22, 2011.

1. i can't think! dies anybody have any suggestions gor a good and worthwhile trip linked to the tudors, differences between rich/poor. located in south north derbyshire/manchester area. Any ideas/assistance much appreciated! mind has gone mushy and can't think!! x

2. Speke Hall in Liverpool or Smithills Hall in Bolton - but not really difference betweeen rich and poor as they are examples of rich houses. Don't know of anywhere with anything poor Tudory. The Prince and the Pauper film is quite good for showing both though.

3. Oh, and Ordsall Hall in Salford - it was closed but i'm fairly sure it reopened earlier this year.

4. the year 5/6 classes in my school (wigan) went to orsdsall hall a few weeks ago and they are doing the tudors

5. CB123

CB123 New commenter

Bramhal Hall in Stockport - think they do a Tudor xmas,
    Lyme Park Stockpork (went to last year and was good)

6. Tatton does Tudor days - also second Bramhall Hall.

7. Not sure if it's too far for you, but Fountain's Abbey near Ripon is great for a visit. Sure they look at rich and poor tudors.