1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tudors and stories with historical settings

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jenuk, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Hi
    Im moving into year 4 in September, first time in key stage 2!!
    Just wondered if anyone had any texts they would recommend for the stories with historical settings literacy unit linked with the Tudors?

I know there are a few discussions already about this but they seem from a few years ago.

Any help for this or topic ideas for the Tudors would be gratefully received!!

Thanks

:)

2. shell43

shell43 New commenter

I have just purchased (through school) a series of easy read books for my Y4 (The queens token- Pamela Oldfield, Drake's drummer boy and a couple of Terry Deary ones The prince, the cook and the cunning King, The thief the fool and the big fat king). I intend to use these for basing stories on. Also I am planning to read My friend Walter ( Michael Morpurgo) as a class novel.

3. Thanks I'll have a look into those :)

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Henry-VIIIs-Privy-Superloo-Flushing/dp/0141320060/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314558408&sr=1-1

is a perfect book for year 3/4, especially boys!

5. There are a couple of books by Karen Wallace that the children seem to like - A Pig Called Henry is one but I can't remember the other!