1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tudor novels for Year 4?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pam99, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Can anyone suggest any suitable stories/novels to read with my Year 4 class to link in with our History topic? I'd be grateful for any ideas.

2. The Time Travelling Cat and the Tudor Treasure
    Horrible Histories - Terrible Tudors
    The Tudors
    Tudors

3. My Friend Walter by Michael Morpurgo

Modern setting with Sir Walter Raleigh's relatives and his ghost.

Children in my class enjoyed this. I've got planning Literacy planning (narrative) based around the novel if you want to look at it?

4. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

I read My Friend Walter to my class, but we used Sing for your Supper as novel study.

5. I read a really good one called 'Armada' but can't remember the name of the author, sorry.

6. I'm currently teaching the Henry VIII and his six wives topic. I have just read 'Henry VIII's shoes'. It's a really funny up to date story where Henry VIII comes into the present time. I can't remember who wrote the story as it's at school, but would recommend it for an interesting read to your children.

7. annap3

annap3 New commenter

Pulp, I'm reading My Friend Walter to my class - could I be realy cheeky and ask to have a look at your planning??!

annap1975@hotmail.co.uk

8. Thanks for all your suggestions. I've made a note and will try to locate them to see what would work best with my class. Pulp, I'd be really pleased to see your narrative planning.
    pam_wallace_99@hotmail.com

9. queenlit

queenlit New commenter

Will be doing Tudors next year and would love a copy of you plannplease. Many thanks,

queenlit@yahoo.co.uk

10. i will also be doing Tudors next year (for the first time) and would love a copy of you planning please. Many thanks,

sallymcd@hotmail.co.uk

11. I will also be doing Tudors for the first time this year and would be really grateful if I could see your planning!!

Thanks

camelspidersrule@yahoo.co.uk

12. Hi there, don't want to jump on the band wagon but.... I'm going to be an NQT next year and have just got a Y4 job! woo, could i possibly have a peak at your plans! i love Michael Morpurgo books so would be great to get him in again!

Many thanks:

claire.l.lampert@hotmail.co.uk

13. Sorry to jump on the band wagon but could I have a copy of the planning please. Many thanks.
    dayo_ajayi@hotmail.com

14. queenlit

queenlit New commenter

I would love a copy as it will be my first time for Tudor topic too.
    queenli@yahoo.co.uk
    Many thanks for sharing.

15. Hiya, I'm going to be an NQT next year, love MIchael Morpurgo and have used him in my TP in Y6, would love to use him again, so could i sneak a look at your plans please!!

claire.l.lampert@hotmail.co.uk

16. whoops, didnt mean to post twice, i thought the first post hadn't worked!

17. I think we're going to do the Prince and the Pauper.