1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tudor class assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by monkey1, Apr 28, 2007.

1. It's my classes turn to do a class assembly in a couple of weeks. Has anyone shown a successful assembly on this topic?
    We are learning the song from A C blacks, and have art work and a Tudor dance to show, so got lots of work to show, just wondering how to link it together. And as i am history coordinator, trying to give history a bit of a 'lift' in school.

2. It's my classes turn to do a class assembly in a couple of weeks. Has anyone shown a successful assembly on this topic?
    We are learning the song from A C blacks, and have art work and a Tudor dance to show, so got lots of work to show, just wondering how to link it together. And as i am history coordinator, trying to give history a bit of a 'lift' in school.

3. Hi,

I did this topic last term and had a great assembly, parents came and said that it was actually one of the best they had seen and that they had learnt something too!!

It was Henry VIII, this is your life!!

Follow this link and it should get you the script and prop list! It was great and the kids loved doing it!

http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/history/docs/henryviii_...

Bec x

4. Thankyou :)

5. Has anyone got any assembly scripts on the Tudors that i could take a look at?

6. I need a copy too please!

Many Thanks
    Caroline35

7. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Could I beg a copy too please?
    Got an assembly second week back and only starting the topic 8 days before. (Didn't get to choose our assembly dates this year!)
    Thanks in advance.
    upsadaisy_year1@yahoo.co.uk

8. Hi just discovered a website which has a few tudor class assemblies. I downloaded a French assembly and it was very good. Worth a look.
    www.classassemblies.co.uk

9. I did a Tudors topic last year and used the songs on www.musicalhistories.com. They are really catchy songs and the kids really enjoyed learning and performing them. We performed the songs in a class assembly. One song is about Henry VIII and the other about rich and poor Tudors.

10. I had a very creative and imaginative class when I last did Tudors and for our assembly they wrote Horrible History style sketches to perform, the most memorable of which was Tudor Jeremy Kyle. (1 man, 6 wives.. perfect). For our singing performances we sang the Horrible Histories Song Divorced, Beheaded and Died.

11. Musical Histories have educational songs about the Tudors which are available for instant download. Really catchy and easy to learn.

12. ...www.musicalhistories.com