1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TTC for ages v2

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by woo77, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Hello, I thought this thread had died off. I have been a silent reader for years and now I have got the courage to join it seems to be disappearing.

What are you up to treatment/ttc wise ITA?

I have finally got a date for second round of IVF, good news but already panicking it won't work.

2. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

I am now where with treatment yet!

Fed up of it all now!

3. Not much news this end. I haven't posted on here for ages. We've been ttc since Jan 2013 so we're not too far off 2 years. I'm 38 and have low egg reserve, getting only 4.4 on an AMH test. OH has had 2 sperm analysis done and had a virtually nil result on both. Not looking good! :(

4. My AMH was below the NHS cut off so I'm not eligible for any more investigations or potential treatment.

5. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

How is everyone??

All same as with me...still trying!

Sorry don't post much but am a face booker!!!

6. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

These pages seem very quiet. Sorry things are not going well, Fiona, and wishing you luck, ITA.

7. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

They are so quiet!

Have all the long term TTCers no longer TTC?

8. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Lots of love and luck ITA! Nice to see you Becky!

9. Hi everyone, I am still ttc and still not getting anywhere. I have got a date through for ivf number 2 though.

10. bettyboop82

bettyboop82 New commenter

Hi ladies, I'm a long time reader and occasional poster... 2 years of ttc#1 and not even a late period!! I've finally had enough and so have booked a gp appointment for Wednesday. I would like to be prepared for any questions, etc... Does anyone have any advice or is anyone else at this point?

11. bettyboop82

Gosh! where has everyone gone?

12. Hi Bettyboop, they will probably ask for male test first as that is easier and they will send you for 21 day blood tests to check you are ovulating. I had about 4 months of checking for ovulation then referred to the hospital about 6 months after our first appointment. I would ask about thyroid checks as mine was only discovered at the hospital. Don't accept 'keep trying' and I would exaggerate how long you have been trying as well.

13. bettyboop82

Thanks Alice! Gp was lovely, especially when I cried (what a wimp!) she offered to refer us to fertility clinic but that seemed so drastic and sudden so I have decided to keep trying until after Christmas then go ahead with the referral in January if not pg by then. 11dpo here so fingers crossed as usual... How's everyone else?

14. bettyboop82

AF arrived today., 1 day late (what a dirty trick!) how is everyone else? Would love to hear how others are getting on xx

15. Hello everyone, took me ages to find this thread. How is everyone? I'm not on Facebook cos I know you have a group on there. Anyway hope you are all well. Just to let you know that I had a gorgeous baby boy at the end of November by c section. God I cam hardly believe I'm typing this!! He's almost 6 weeks old and I cannot believe it still. I never thought we'd be so lucky. Thinking of all of you x

16. WOW, congratulations such lovely news.

17. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Well, what lovely news Mariposa! Many congratulations! Enjoy him! (I know you will).

18. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Wow mariposa! Such fantastic news, congratulations xxxx

I did keep hoping you would update us. Post any baby questions on here if you need any help or want to tell us how you are all doing. Would love to hear xxxx

19. Hi all. I had been a long time lurker on TTC threads on forum but gave it a break this past year. I decided to come back as felt I would like to join a community where I can talk about TTC issues as it's hard to talk openly to friends and family about it.

I have been off contraception for over 5 years, TTC properly for about 3 years, under the infertility clinic for about a year and half and on clomid for the past 3 months. I am due to go back to the hospital this week and discuss next steps, which from previous conversions I am aware will probably be referral for IVF. I am currently in my 2ww for my last attempt on clomid and am symptom spotting like crazy!

My hospital have been really unhelpful and I have no idea if clomid is working or not as I have had no blood tests or scans to check my ovulation that others seem to have had when they have taken clomid. I am currently off signed off work with stress/anxiety as it has all got too much. Hope to share experiences with others so this whole TTC journey doesn't feel so lonely!

20. Congratulations Mariposa!

I've been AWOL for 2.5yrs but now considering a return journey to pick up snow baby #2.....