1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TTC for ages v2

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by woo77, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Haven't been on here for such a long time as it was so hard to read but logged on to see how all you ladies are getting on and I am so glad I did! Huge congratulations to Antoniou, Millie, toe, pink fairy and anyone else I've missed. Marisopa I've been reading this last week holding my breath and I am so pleased for you. You certainly do deserve some luck and as we are all proof of it really can happen and miracles do happen.

My little miracle is now 13 months old but I think it's taken most of that time to believe it really has happened, that she is mine to keep!

Wishing you ALL the very best of luck!

2. Mariposa!!!!!!!!!!! Woo bloody hoo!!!! Fantastic news. Lots and lots of luck. This has to be it. The time to the scan goes so so slowly. In fact the whole time did for me. I literally counted down each day. It took so long. Then suddenly it was over before it was meant to be. Anyway everything is crossed for you.

Toe wow that's gone fast. I was just starting to enjoy being pregnant at that stage. When do you finish work? Do you know the gender? Have you been buying lots?

Millie you just enjoy that growing bump! Glad all was well with your scan. Have you announced now?

Antoniou glad things are going well. Bet you're enjoying your little baby wriggling away!

Louie is now 20 weeks (oh my!), 12 corrected. He's piling on weight and starting to catch up. He's exceeding his development milestones (they compare him to a 12 week old) and is somewhere between 12 and 20 weeks. He's an absolute joy, really smiley and on the whole, content. We've had feeding issues and it's not been easy or straightforward (when is it ever with me!!!) but getting there and I'm glad I persevered with breast feeding. We are to think about weaning soon (again, oh my!). I'm loving being mummy, could not believe I was able to be part of the club on Mother's Day (although really struggled with the day but that's a whole other can of worms). I feel so incredibly lucky and have to keep pinching myself to see if its real. I love my little miracle so much its untrue. When you think of everything that happened, he really is a miracle. I started the IVF journey a year ago (22nd march to be exact) and never in a million years did I ever think I'd be in this position now.

I hope you don't mind me posting that here. I know how hard it is when you're waiting and wishing for it to happen.

Its amazing to think that many of us oldies (!) that have been on the thread since the start have achieved our dreams and I hope that gives hope to those of you still waiting.

I always think of woo and Becky and wonder how they are (lots of love girls).

This thread was a lifeline for me when things got too much and I hope you all know how much I appreciated the support.

Xxx

3. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

It is has gone very quiet on here!!

Hope everyone OK.

Everything much the same with me - too fat for IVF (BMI 33 needs to be below 30) waiting for referral while frantically trying to shift some lard.

Dalian D - how are you???

LoveCsoup - how are you?

Mariposa - thinking of you lots!!

4. Hi ITA, nice to hear from you. I'm good thanks, I've started the sniffing part of Ivf and just taking it bit by bit and keeping calm! On Easter hols at mo so nice to have a break but ironically starting to get bored. How bad am I, fed up of work but then don't know how to relax and what to do with myself when off! Think I get residual guilt that I should be working but that's the last think I want to do so end up being last minute and cramming!

Good luck with the weight loss. It is rather quiet on here, tbh I've de camped to other more active ttc forums but do still check in on here from time to time. Nice to hear about how well pink fairy us getting on and mariposa, a big fat yay!! 5 years babe you've waited long enough!!! Congratulations x x

5. Hi ITA, thanks for asking after me. Am doing well, will be 15 weeks on Monday. Still can't quite believe that we have been so lucky, feel totally blessed. Had a little scare last week with a bleed which was terrifying for a few days but all ok now.

Still think of you all on here every day and send lots of positive thoughts and so pleased for you Mariposa too. x

6. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Hello!

how is everyone??

Hope all well......mariposa??

All the same with me....

7. Hi ladies- sorry I asked to join and then fell off the face of the earth! Just had a catch up! Today we got out BFP from IVF- wow. I am petrified though, cannot let myself accept it! We are 14 days since EC, ET was last Monday... had a Beta bloodtest today and they said the result was good as in the 200s... is this good? Petrified... I guess this is normal??

8. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Slj congratulations!!

Was it your first go at IVF?

Hope you have a stress free 9 months!!

9. Yes it was our first go. We have a 3 year old who was completely natural- turns out is have some weird genetic thing and our daughter is a massive miracle. I'm so petrified about this pregnancy.... I know how fortunate we r. Xx

10. Congrats slj!

Thanks for asking after me y'all! I'm well. Seem to have more symptoms than last IVF pregnancy so hoing that means good things are happening in there. My symptoms are feeling funny when hungry, it's like I need food but I'm not sure whether the food will make me sick or better! My boobs are sore and feel bigger although to the eye they still look like two aspirins on an ironing board! I feel very hungry and I'm eating a lot more than normal. I don't normally have a big appetite so this is something people are noticing. The symptoms are intermittent and some days are more apparent than others. I had my first morning vom on Wednesday and I was very happy about that! How sad. Our NHS scan isn't for a while so we've booked a private scan for early next week to reassure ourselves. The NHS scan isn't until I'll be 9 weeks and after last time I cannot wait that long. My Gp has been a bit of a tool and said "I wouldn't bother with the early scan as it won't prevent a miscarriage." Then he asked me when the "thing" (referring to the embryo) was put back in. Shocking!!!! I told him that I know we could see a beating heart one day and then it could all go wrong the next but I tried to explain that the reason for the scan was to prevent me from walking on air for over a month thinking I'm pregnant when I'm not, like I did last time. He didn't seem to get this. Anyway.....hoping beyond hope that I get to post good scan news on here soon. Thinking of everyone else - those with bumps, bfps, babies and those of us still in the trenches - I still consider myself to be at the moment. It's very hard moving on......Still doing pregnancy tests!!! Enjoy the Easter weekend!

11. I cannot believe your GP that is terrible. :-(

As for of symptoms the appetite issue I'm having the same! Not sure whether to go for it and feel better or to not bother. The thought of a cup of tea also turns my stomach! All good though I hope.

How many weeks are you mariposa?

12. I also completely went off tea, and I usually drink endless cups! For the first 13 weeks I only managed herbal tea or black coffee. I can,stomach tea now, but can't have milk in it.

13. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Gosh it has gone very quiet on here!!

How is everyone? Mariposa? DalianD?Slj? (sorry if I have missed anyone!!)

Everything much the same with me. Still desperately trying to lose weight (which has gone well the last few weeks!) Am hopeful I will lose it in time for my appointment for referral at the end of June - got about a stone to go!

14. Hello all - just a quick update! Had a scan yesterday and we saw and heard a heartbeat! It was amazing! I actually feel like it's not happening to me though.....feels very strange! Got a midwife appointment next week. Me? A mid.wife appointment? Say whaaaat???! 9 weeks so still early days but this is the furthest we have ever managed! I'm very happy, struggling to believe though. Due date is early December. Thanks for all your comments and support. Gotta dash for now as I'm knackered.....zzzzzzzzzzz

15. Mariposa, that's wonderful news! You must be so relieved. It does all feel a bit surreal at first, but once you start to get a little bump then you can really believe it's actually happening. So happy for you x

16. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Mariposa That is fab news!!

So so so so chuffed for you. Please keep us posted

Xx

17. chocolateheaven

chocolateheaven New commenter

Oh Mariposa - what lovely news. Overjoyed for you x

18. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

I don't think I've said congratulations yet, Mariposa, so will do so now! Getting to 9 weeks and hearing the heartbeat must have been so wonderful. Wishing you all the luck in the world for the rest of your pregnancy.

19. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

That's brilliant Mariposa! To be honest, the whole pregnancy thing is a bit surreal - I don't know if that's particularly because of the infertility or if 'normal' people feel this way. Enjoy your midwife appointment!

20. How is it going for everyone?

Had a bleeding scare last weekend. Had bloods and scan though and the epu were fantastic. I'm nearly 7 weeks and we saw 2!!! Beautiful heartbeats!!! Very daunting but we put in 2 blastocysts so not surprising. Sick as a dog and have been given something to help- not working yet! Still very early days but we are happy. Xx