1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TTC for ages v2

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by woo77, Nov 23, 2012.

1. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Best of luck Antoniou!

2. Thanks toe. Feel like resigning anyway as the thought of going in tomorrow is making me teary.

3. paeony

paeony Occasional commenter

Oh Antoniou, that's rubbish xxx How long is there left of term for you? Hopefully not long then you can have a good rest. I know I'm exhausted, have had colds constantly for 8 weeks and am sick to the back teeth of school as there's been all sorts of crud going on but I'm hoping a fortnight of rest will refresh me enough to go back a) well and b) with my rhino hide back in place!

4. Finish on Wednesday. Might not go to the works do, just not feeling very festive.

5. paeony

I'm seriously considering not going to ours. I have the sinus cold from hell & frankly, I CBA. I'm too knackered & fed up to make small talk all evening; there's only a few people I'd actually like to spend the evening with!!!

6. Amybella

Amybella New commenter

Hi all,
    Big, virtual hugs for you Mariposa and Antoniou. Sounds like we all need a lovely rest (and not to be ill over the holidays - best to get it out of the way now!).
    I have my scan on Wednesday to see if there's anything dodgy going on with my innards! Feel quite apprehensive, not least because I have to drink a lot before I go and am worried about them running very late and the bladder situation getting desperate. Obviously I'm also nervous about what they'll find. Not sure whether it's best that they find something wrong or not as if they don't, things are still a mystery.
    On a slightly different note, for you guys who know when you ovulate, for how long does the change in CM last after you OV? I'm a bit confused by my cycle at the moment...

7. paeony

For me the CM dried up very soon after; within 12-24hrs. That's how I knew I'd OVd

8. paeony

Really hope the witch stays away. So sorry you're in a position to hand in your notice, & that you're having such a cr@ppy time xxx

9. Hey all, sorry been MIA, work is a bloody nightmare at the moment, so I am joining everyone who is jealous of Antoniou - wish I was as brave as you lady! Post Ofsted has been so stressful and the thought of a full teaching day, with only 3 days left and the amount I have to makes me feel panicky. I too wonder how much stress is a factor in our failure to conceive. We have to redo blood tests and SA over Christmas and then we will get our referral to IVF clinic. I totally get the queue jumping people - I love my friends who get pregnant and actually being happy for them is not hard, but feeling it is totally unfair and feeling very very jealous comes even easier sadly. One of my colleagues was blithely rabbiting on at Christmas do about having another next year (she had the first after trying for 2 months and we had been trying for a year and a half when he was born) and even though professionally and personally we get on well I did want to kick her in the shins quite a lot. Toe, keep us up to date with how your referral moves on, I really hope it goes smoothly for you.

10. Grrrr! Just wrote a REALLY long post and it's disappeared! Haven't got the energy to address everyone again! I need to get back on with my internet shopping!
    So....hugs to those feeling blue. x x x And love to all. x x x
    PS - AFM 20 week scan went well and I'm having a little girl. I hope no one is offended by me sharing my news...that is the last thing I would want to do. Love and stuff lovely ladies x x x

11. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Miss B!!! You havent offended me at all! I am so chuffed for you! Glad all good with your little baby girl. Lovely news!!!

12. Huge congrats on the scan Miss B, what lovely news!
    AF arrived just after I got home - lovely. At least I can write my letter of resignation without wondering if I'll be missing out on mat pay. I'm feeling so much calmer now I've made the decision to go. Hopefully, the reduced stress will be the thing I need to help me get pg.

13. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

A little girl Miss B! I'm thrilled for you and sitting here smiling at your lovely news! (I'm currently making some pink bunting for a friend's 5 month old - I should probably make some for you too!) I love hearing your news, so please don't ever think we don't want to hear and if you ever feel maybe you shouldn't post on this thread (though there's no reason why you shouldn't) then I want PMs with your news Lady!
    Antoniou - I'm sorry af arrived. However, I am pleased that you go into the resignation process with your eyes open. I think you'll feel a huge weight off your mind once it's done and dusted and I wish you lots of luck!

14. eac902

eac902 New commenter

Miss B that's amazing! A beautiful little girl, you and OH must be so excited!! Please keep us updated :)
    Antoniou sorry af is definitely here. Good luck with your resignation, hope you will feel more able to cope knowing the end is in sight. Wishing you loads of luck in whatever comes next, you won't regret it xxx

Having a bit of a worrying situation at the moment. Had some pink spotting last night (more like pink cm) cervix feels closed and hard, tiny bit of brown cm this morning as well but all clear since 6am. Worried sick ladies- Dr said just to rest at home and call in if I get pain or red bleeding :(

15. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Try not to worry too much, lots of pregnancies have spotting and bleeds during them (would you have been due a period about now? That can happen during pg).
    Stay positive, baby needs you to be strong xxx

16. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

I agree with Toe! Please keep posting on here!!

17. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Rest rest and rest!!!
    Am sure all will be fine. How many weeks now?

18. eac902

eac902 New commenter

Thanks for reality check ladies! 8 weeks, had early scan last week as I was anxious and saw heartbeat etc and know its in the right place which gp seemed to think is a good sign. CG I have irregular cycles but been on clomid which gave me perfect 28 day cycles, so yes would have been due 2nd missed af Monday. Didn't even think about that, thank you xxx

19. Eac, glad the spotting has stopped. I know it's very common in pg, but it's still worrying. Well, I handed in my notice today. Head didn't seem too surprised, but wished me well. I told him I'd like to leave Feb half term. He said that technically it should be April (I thought it was half a terms notice), but he said he would speak to the governors and Feb should be ok. Feel more relaxed already. Haven't told ny HoD, she can find out later from the head, she doesn't deserve the courtesy. Need to start round 5 of clomid tomorrow.

20. Amybella

Amybella New commenter

"Boo" for spotting and AF [​IMG]
    I had my scans today. I was really nervous (not to mention absolutely BURSTING for the toilet, but they saw me a few minutes early and I was in and out in 20 minutes, which was great, since I'm not good at undressing in front of strangers or having "things" put in "places"!
    She said that everything was "unremarkable" (slightly offensive!) which I suppose is good but it means that no light has been shed on why the baby-making is not going well. I will make an appointment to see the GP in the new year and find out what he has to say and what we should do next.
    Have no idea when to expect AF this month as have now had 12 days of ewcm, which seems excessive. Any thoughts? I suppose at least that means that AF may not arrive on Christmas Day as originally predicted!