1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TTC for ages v2

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by woo77, Nov 23, 2012.

1. paeony

paeony Occasional commenter

Did you have lots of eggies this time Antoniou? Hoping the bloods come back positively too xx

2. Only one egg again. Hopefully we got it with our every other day approach.

3. paeony

Fingers crossed! Heck, after all that time we'd tried the month we just did it every other day and didn't use the opks was our lucky month. After months of timing, bd every day around OV.....Figure that one out?! It makes no blooming sense but really hope you get your Xmas bfp present xxx

4. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Really down at the min about everything! Cant get a docs appt till the end of next week and really just want to get everything moving.

5. paeony

ITA I know that feeling....the waiting for it to get to the time limit before you can try for referral, the persuading the GP, waiting for letter only to realise there's more waiting. It's pants. Hugs xxx

I'm doing fine, nuchal/bloods at 11wks next week some time, hoping for a better result this time round.....

6. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

I think they will refer us right away when I go back as I am 36 and we have been trying for over 2 years.....but like you say it will eb more waiting once we get a referral.

Glad all good with you.Fingers crossed for your bloods etc next week. Wishing you well....you deserve it!

7. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Well, that's that then; I rang and instigated the ball rolling on our IVF referral today. She reckons it's 2-3 months until treatment.

8. Wow toe. So by next Christmas you could definitely be a mummy! Eek! I've been googling symptoms to pass time (much better than marking). Still got smelly urine and just now I was convinced I could smell popcorn in the living room! Probably wishful thinking than anything else.

9. toe - I'm so happy you've decided to go for it! Looks like it's going to be busy on the fertility thread, with loads of the TTCforYonks ladies all cycling at similar times. x x No idea about the open evening situation I'm afraid, as we went private so didn't do all that stuff. How you feeling about it? I know it's horrible to know it's come to this, but the prize at the end is still the same...no matter which path you take to get there. (That's what I told myself anyway!) x x x
    Hope everyone is well and enjoying the run up to Xmas? I've been counting down all half term I think!!
    Love and luck x x x
    PS Anybody fancy doing my shopping as I've been really rubbish this year!

10. livb

livb New commenter

Wow, toe, I'm really pleased things are finally starting to happen for you! That is really positive. Obviously, ideally you won't need it, but at least it is movement. I'm thinking about cracking out the cbfm after several months in a drawer as I seem unable to clearly feel ov at the moment. More money down the drain for sticks, but it might help to do it for a couple of months just to check ov is still happening when it ought to! I have rapidly tired of the every other day tactic. More like twice a week... So lazy!

11. Amybella

Amybella New commenter

Great, Toe!
    Livb, I can't really work out when I'm ovulating either, but opks have never worked for me. maybe my scan will shed some light on it...
    I have been well and truly taught a lesson this week. Two friends, of whom I have been sickeningly jealous, were due this month. One has had her little boy, but he was born with a severe cleft palate and they now have months/years of operations etc ahead of them, and the other has just lost her little boy at 39 weeks. I feel awful for being so jealous about their "perfect lives" and now they are going through horrendously difficult times and it has served as a good reminder to me to have some perspective and not be so selfish. When my period arrives on Christmas Day I know that my pain will be nothing compared to theirs [​IMG]

12. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

((Amybella)) That's very sad news and my heart goes out to your friends, especially the friend who lost her baby - I cannot imagine how that must feel. I completely understand where you're coming from as I too sometimes feel bad for my feelings towards other people and their baby situations; the truth is you never know (or rarely) what goes on behind closed doors, what they've gone through to get where they are and what heartache may follow. As you say, definitely food for thought.
    Thanks to you all for your support re the IVF; I'm touched by your responses to what I thought to be just an update really. How am I feeling? I guess sad that it's come to this, surprised at how easy it was to do, (ie make the call and set the ball rolling), in denial - as in, back in September the HSG was buying me 3 months of hope (higher chances of getting pg the 3 months following hsg) which would take us until the referral, and now I'm buying 2-3 months of hope that we fall pg naturally before IVF, a failure for not producing off-spring in the 'usual' way, and finally terrified at what's in store for us! Is this normal?: I feel a bit like I might not love an IVF child in the same way as a 'natural' child, or that I might resent it in some way. Am I being completely irrational? Not to mention getting ahead of myself!

13. Completely normal toe. I'm with you. It's a total head ****. Although I'm a bit scared of the physical aspect of it, I think once I'm doing it that bit will actually be ok. Te bit that terrifies the living daylight out of me is the emotional part of it. What if we go through all that and it still doesn't work? I can not picture myself in a two week wait. I'm just so used to not hoping. Ad I'm scared to hope because what if I fall from the greatest height there is on this earth? I also can't quite believe its come to this. I don't think you should worry about not loving an IVF child the same. Honestly, when you get that BFP its really not going to matter. If you take a minute to picture that scene, being pregnant, expecting a baby, growing it, feeling it inside you............ I have too many hoops to jump through before then though. Too many unanswerable questions. Lap. Smear. Results of both. So just now, I'm burying my head in the sand and pretending its not happening! Who knows if that's the right thing to do or not, but its the only thing I can do.

14. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Mt CBFM has been in the drawer for a couple of months as well!!Got bored and fed up of focusing my life around it!!

15. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Toe-it's progress!Try not to worry.I think we will have to go down the same route so am going to try and lose some weight in preparation for it! OH gets results soon of his sample....

16. After the worst 2 weeks of my teaching life I have made the decision to quit the profession altogether. The stress just isn't worth it and I'm convinced that's what's preventing me getting pg (hell, it happened once, so why isn't it happening again). Going to get a 9-5 that I don't have to think about when I get home. 13 weeks holiday is not a good enough reason to feel so lousy.

17. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

I hear what you are saying Antoniou! Work takes over life. OH has had sample results back - normal. Docs next week for me ro go for next steps.

18. livb

livb New commenter

Excellent news, ITA76! How do you feel about it? At least it is one more thing ticked off. Antoniou, what sort of job are you looking at?

19. paeony

Oh Antoniou, you've been through such a lot, it's no wonder you're tired & if work are being rubbish then I hope you've got support from colleagues etc. I can honestly say I will seriously consider leaving teaching after #2; I'm not sure I can do it, even part time. The evening working, pressure and endless pointless tasks are grinding me down. I came from 'outside' to train as a teacher, I've seen the big bad world and a 9-5 or part-time 'piddly job' would reduce my stress levels. And I'm lucky that I have a supportive HOD who at least understands the pressure of ttc and miscarriage too. If you haven't had that then that's pants.

20. Totally get why you did this as I've done the same. I have registered with a supply agency abd a private tutor agency. I'm not going to do anything until February. I'm a little scared but also really looking forward to the head space of not teaching.
    Hope you ok Antoniou.
    You're more important than a stressy job.
    When will you finish?
    Worstie