1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TTC for ages v2

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by woo77, Nov 23, 2012.

1. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

SO fed up! The spotting for this month has started again and I just feel in a really bad place right now. I've managed to fall out with my Dad by e-mailing him a very grumpy e-mail, which he's taken to heart more than I'd expected, so now I've got some explaining/apologising to do (something I'm not good at to be honest, but as I'm in the wrong, it needs to be done.) I'm hoping he'll understand that I'm just very bitter about life at the moment.
    I feel like things are conspiring against me. Another milestone is approaching, which I've missed on one count and almost certainly on two; last Christmas I had said I wanted to have a baby by next Christmas... nope! The next best thing of course is to have fallen pg by Christmas... spotting suggests... nope! I wanted to be pg before 'Kate'... nope (though I do think the poor girl's experienced might be tarnished by all the goings on re the hospital; I don't envy her that). I wanted to have a baby before my 35th birthdays... nope! The best I can hope for now is to be pg before it, and since it's not until July, with an imminent IVF referral I sincerely hope that's within my sights.
    Workwise things are so full-on. I'm so glad I'm p/t; I honestly don't think I could have coped with f/t this term with all the goings on and extra things being foisted on us at the moment. For any of you seriously considering going p/t, I really enjoy my days when I'm in, but I'm really glad when they're over and I can look ahead to days to myself! Luckily I managed to avoid the usual Friday night argument with hubby; 2 days at school isn't enough time to get everything done, so I'm always late(r) on a Friday and he gets cross with me and no matter how much I tell him it's my job and there's stuff to do, he can't see that I can't just leave it. Ah well, as I say, last night he didn't raise it, so that was lucky as I was so very tired I actually walked down the corridor at school with my eyes shut at one point (after the children had gone)!
    Well, that's enough from this grumpy old woman (and I do feel old!)
    PF2 - the TSH sounds fine; I believe they like it to be under 2, but I haven't committed the other thyroid numbers to my brain so I don't know. I'm sure you could Google it.
    Amybella - I also had a letter through saying I'm due a smear. That's also a kick in the teeth as I last had one as we were preparing to ttc; never did I believe I'd be at the stage of needing my next routine one without having had a baby. Any way, as Antoniou says, after your period has finished but before ov will be fine.

2. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Thanks for the responses re:OH and sample - I have only had to wait since May for him to do it!!!
    Feel the same! I too said I wanted a baby by this christmas - not happened. Am now 36 and am unsure if it will happen naturally for us. I am going to see the doc again - booking an appointment on monday and see where we go from here. Hopefully by the time I actually see the doc (which will be next week not this week) they will have had his sample back and then we can get things moving, Am totally fed up of the whole thing.

3. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

On other news my in laws want us to go on big family holiday in August to Disney! Not keen at all-it is mainly for their grandchild who is 7. So it will be adults and one 7 year old. Am currently trying to get out of it!! My OH has told them that we may be pregnant by then so cant book now. AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH families!

4. eac902

eac902 New commenter

Ita hope you get oh's results soon, how is he feeling about it? Mine was a nervous wreck but didn't let on til after. Hope its all good let us know how you go with drs. PS hope you get out of the holiday without too much hassle!

Toe so sorry spotting's started, how many days past ov are you? I'm wishing away the next two weeks too xx

Antoniou that sounds like enough bd to me but is frustrating to feel you've missed any chances x

Pinkfairy glad you feel you're coping a bit better though sorry you'bd been so poorly this term. As antoniou said hopefully lap may be a good step, I know from your previous posts how worried you'be been about possible issues and hopefully it will give you a step forward. Also if its before possible ivf it may have be the 'boost' people mention to fertility. Fingers crossed and will be thinking of you xx

5. Amybella

Amybella New commenter

Me too! I'll be 36 in March. Always wanted to get married and have babies young. Didn't realise it would take until I was 34 to find someone who would marry me and that getting pregnant wouldn't be so easy either. I hope things go well with the doctor ITA and that he/she is helpful. As for Disneyland, going with mainly adults seems ideal to me, if you have to go. We went to the one in Paris for a day in the summer, just the two of us (we got free tickets from Sky) and were quite cynical, but had a fantastic day! Like you say though, not ideal if you're pregnant...
    Big virtual hugs to all. Praying that we get a big sprinkling of Christmas baby dust x

6. Hey all! Seems that I could have written many of the posts on here lately - it always helps a little to see everyone else in the same boat, but then at the same time, also makes me cross that we are! Antoniou, I'm totally feeling your pain regarding work. We just had the delights of Ofsted and we now 'require improvement' which has included lots of very depressing meetings, a new marking policy, preparing for a monitoring visit, including talking about what happens if we then get placed into a category, dealing with backlash from parents of going from a 2 to a 3...it is all so stressful and everyone is so tense. I have only been teaching 8 years and I can't help feeling it is only going to get worse, maybe I should get out now? Slightly envious of Sainsbury's checkout workers today - no need to use brain, nothing to take home... We have also decided to take the plunge with IVF, so could really do without all this now. My head has been fab though and said I can basically have as much leave as I need during the cycle. Pinkfairy, I reckon we will start around March/April time with ours - hopefully we can hold each others hands through it! Amybella, I'll have some of that Christmas baby dust!

7. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

8. Hey ladies long time no post. Sending you all lots of love, it's pretty sad at the moment.
    Another +opk for me so homeopathy seems to be working. Just found out that my BIL's girlfriend is 3 months pregnant. Had a little cry for us but felt more upset when he said that he'd been dying to tell my husband but didn't want to upset us. I love him for thinking of us but feel terrible that they feel they have to filter news. I don't want to become all consumed again, but I do feel pretty desperate. I don't want pity as I know we're spoken about in a 'Isn't it a shame...' way...arrggghhh so difficult and frustrating [​IMG]
    What's up Toe? [​IMG]

9. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Indeed if you read what I have just read-first time on today!

10. Ok, I don't mean to be thick, but I'm really confused.

11. I don't post very often but I read everyday, I'm confused too ??

12. Me too - was it something I wrote? X

13. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Sorry ladies wasn't on this forum what I said *** to.It was on a different one.You guys are all amazing and keep me going on what has proven to be a very long and difficult journey xx

14. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

I know people talk about me and my husband in the 'isn't it a shame' way or 'you will be next' I have now given up bothering wondering during the 2WW. Will wait for OH sample results to come back and go from there.....hate all the waiting...

15. Amybella

Amybella New commenter

Phew. I thought I'd said something offensive. Hope you're ok :0)

16. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Wasn't you Honey! Or you Amybella! Just sensitive to posts on other threads and feeling discontent with the hand I've been dealt. Ignore me! [​IMG]
    I've had a lovely evening with my hubby. We danced and sang as we cooked our evening meal and I consumed <u>2 large glasses of wine.</u> It was like the good old days! Oh, and we had sex, and it's not even my fertilie period!

17. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Sounds like it was the same thing I read. And yes I too feel sensitive at the min and should be ignored as well!! Sounds like you had a lovely Sunday tho!

18. elisa1

elisa1 New commenter

This whole TTC lark is sending me insane with symptom spotting. I normally have very heavy periods that arrive exactly on time each month. This month my period arrived on the same day as predicted however its really really odd. I have a few very light streaks of blood, I can hardly call it a period as its almost pinkish and nothing that I even need to wear sanitary protection for. Should I be worried??? Help ladies please....

19. eac902

eac902 New commenter

Hi elisa, sorry AF is messing you about! You don't mentioned but have you done a test on the off-chance it's implantation? Otherwise I know from my cycles that I would only get very very light bleed (i.e. mostly spotting) for a few days when I'd had an anovulatory cycle. Do you think you ov'd this cycle? Hope you get some answers soon x

20. I agree with eac, might be worth testing just in case.
    Had my final tracking scan this morning - ov confirmed. Need to go for a blood test on Friday, CD22. Hopefully my progesterone will be better on the high dose.