1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TTC for ages v2

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by woo77, Nov 23, 2012.

1. eac902

eac902 New commenter

Antoniou glad scan showed a follicle. Forgive my ignorance but how many do they like to see on 150? I thought if you had too many they'll want you to abandon cycle due to risk of multiples? Fingers crossed for you as always. Love to other ladies x

2. They never actually indicated how many follicles they expect to see, I just thought that such a high dose might produce 2. I think the real reason is the hope that it might increase my progesterone levels, which have always been borderline.

3. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

'Royal Baby!' Lovely news, but did anyone else feel a pang of disappointment and think 'I knew that would happen!' I for one remember when they got married, thinking 'PLEASE let me at least be pg before Kate' and yet here we are sans baby. Ah well, good luck to them, I think they're a lovely couple.

4. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Hmmm felt exactly the same as you!

5. livb

livb New commenter

Yep! I am very pleased for them, but I did think "oh, the hints are going to get louder from family because of this"! Especially my MIL who is becoming insufferable about "when am I going to get a grandchild"!!

6. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Phew! For a moment there I thought it was just me and I'd be had for treason!

7. paeony

paeony Occasional commenter

My thoughts were 'poor her, bet she's hardly pregnant the poor girl & what if it goes wrong....stable door open & horse has long gone', shortly followed by 'bolleaux, I bet we give birth the same day, grrr!'

8. Amybella

Amybella New commenter

Me too. I'm a bit worried about people's comments too, as we got married just after them, but they are lovely and young and we are old and crumbly. Can't believe there are "news" pages already predicting what the baby will be called!
    Went to the doctors today and got myself so worked up in the waiting room, I thought I was going to pass out as soon as I stood up to go in. Doctor didn't seem overly concerned (but he is about 15 years old!). Said my progesterone was good on my blood test so is pretty convinced I'm ovulating but since I'm clearly not getting pregnant he is sending me for a scan, which will probably be after Christmas and said to "keep going in the mean time"! Nice.

9. It's very quite on here. Hope all's well with everyone?
    I went for my second follicle tracking scan today (CD14) and have yet to ov. It's most likely going to happen tonight or tomorrow . We dtd last night, but OH is staying away for his work Xmas do (they're being out up in a hotel), so tonight is out of the question.
    Feeling really rubbish at the moment - loads of stress at work. Just feel like jacking it all in, but any other job I get (out of teaching) would mean less pay as I have no experience! Seriously considering doing supply full-time or requesting part-time here.

10. eac902

eac902 New commenter

I'm still here!
    Just checking in to see how your scan went Antoniou, sorry you haven't ov'd yet and hopefully you got a good stockpile before your OH is off ;)
    Sorry work is so rubbish, in your heart of hearts is it end of term blues or definitely something more? I can totally empathise having quit teaching earlier this year to work in HE, the stress for me was just not compatible with good mental health and my personal relationships. It's a tough one- could you and OH afford you going part-time? xx
    Have booked myself for early scan on Monday, will be 7 weeks from LMP, 6w4d by my count. Can't even bear to think about it I'm so nervous. No morning sickness at all yet, really afraid all is not well :(
    ITA, Pinkfairy, Amybella and Toe how are you? Thinking of all you ladies xxx

11. paeony

paeony Occasional commenter

Hope you had lots of lovely follicles Antoniou & hubby is home ASAP tomorrow! Every other day is the recommended anyway so in sure if you have lastnight & tomorrow you'll be just fine x If its any consolation I feel like packing it in right now & I'm only part time already.....I seem to always be marking, writing reports, filling in data and chasing my tail. Add other **** that's happened today too & I'm seperate for the world to stop so I can get off for a while.
    Really hoping to see lots of Xmas present BFPs soon ladies, you deserve it xx

12. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Am still here!! OH is doing his sample tomorrow so hopefully we will know what is what next week. Hope you are all well!!!

13. Antonio I resigned so I can start full time supply in January and work around treatment for IVF. It's the best thing I've ever done. I've worked for 20 years and been trying for a baby for 4 years. I'm going to look after myself and get fit and not be stresssed so much.
    Just wanted to say if you're thinking about leaving I can recommend it! I'm really looking forward to Christmas and putting the energy I put into teaching, into looking after me!
    Take care
    Worstie

14. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

How long does it normally take for semen sample results to come back?

15. eac902

eac902 New commenter

My oh had to ring gp for his one week later x

16. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

About the same as EAC.

17. Think I had ov pain last night. OH was away - brilliant.
    Still feel rubbish at school. Don't think we could afford if I went PT [​IMG]

18. I think that should be enough Antoniou. Hope this higher dose does the trick for you. Well I've been referred for a lap. They think it may be in feb. we also got a letter saying we are near the top of the list for IVF and it might be march/April. What a mess. I've also got to go for a repeat smear in jan as the one I just had done was unsatisfactory. I have no idea what to do about any of these situations so am just burying my head in the sand for now. Everything is up in the air. To top this all off I've felt really rubbish for the last three weeks. Have gone down with everything under the sun and never really properly shaken it all off. Still, am hoping that this will mean I will feel better for Xmas. Hoping my acupuncture is having a positive effect, she said my pulses were steady this week which is good. They were erratic before, which indicates stress. I feel like I'm coping better with things. My thyroid bloods came back ok I think (anyone know anything about this.. My TSH was 1.2 and free thyroxine was 15). How is everyone else? Millie, not heard from you for ages. I'm certainly looking forward to the holidays, these next two weeks can not fly by fast enough!

19. Amybella

Amybella New commenter

Hi there,
    Sorry for the absence. Aah the perils and stresses of being a musician at Christmas - have barely been at home all week, and just got in from a concert now, so ought to be in bed, but obviously I am internet-pootling instead!
    Nothing to report here. Just waiting for some sign of ewcm and then we can get going again. Slightly feel like I can't be bothered. I'm really tired and OH is away a lot. Just want to sleep when I'm in bed really. Also, as AF is due on Christmas day, I'm wondering if we should leave it this month so as not to have the stress of finding out I'm not pregnant this month while I'm away from home, with loads of people around, including my cousin who is pregnant with her fourth! But then I think, am I just cutting off my nose to spite my face?
    Also, can I ask your opinions? I need to go for a smear test ([​IMG]) but I don't know when the best time is. If I go mid cycle and they're poking around could it mess with things? What do you ladies do?

20. PF, so sorry things aren't turning out as you planned. On the plus side, at least they're doing something now. My sister had a laparoscopy last month as she's 37 and been ttc for well over a yr. They found a small cyst that they drained and some mild endo which they managed to remove. A lap will give you a definite idea of what's going on inside. Amybella, if you have your smear done before you ov (I went around day 10 for mine) it won't make any difference to TTC.