1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TTC for ages v2

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by woo77, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Stupid trolls/faults!

Anyway I'm having a major panic. I think I had a bfp on an own brand test but then had a bfn on a cb digital. Completely freaking out! I ovulated this time last week but symptoms are so strong. Never seen 2 lines before x

2. Best of luck woo. I would say there's no such thing as a false positive! [​IMG]
    Just phoned secretary and booked in for CD10 scan. This will be my first cycle on 150mg of clomid. If this doesn't work (3 months) then it's IUI. Need to have lots of sex now!

3. I really hope you're right. It was a very quick result, I took a photo of it and it looks positive to me. Arrrggghhh!!!![​IMG]

4. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Good luck woo, fingers crossed. I got my BFP with a tesco cheapie after getting BFNs on digis for a few days.
    Only got a positive on a digi the day before AF was due.
    x

5. Panic over, I read the test wrong. I didn't have the instructions and thought I was looking for 2 lines, I should have been looking for a line and a cross. Just has a good cry for being such an idiot [​IMG]

6. eac902

eac902 New commenter

(((woo))) you're not an idiot. I've ripped tests apart looking for faintest hint of a line and all sorts in the past. Doesn't mean you're out yet, especially if you're having symptoms it still early days xxx

7. ((Oh woo)) I'm so sorry x x That must have been so disappointing for you. x x Like eac said, you're not out yet, you're still very early. And of course you're not silly, I've taken tests whilst on my period before. Fingers crossed for a few days time x x

8. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

((Woo)) Poor you! I'm so sorry Lovely; that's a horrible thing to have happened!
    Quite depressed that here we all still are on this new ttc for ages thread. However, I'm glad the gremlins have disappeared.
    Well I'm 8dpo and haven't had sex since last ov. Really can't be bothered and feel like saying to OH 'Can't be bothered, but will you please have sex with me!?' I don't suppose that would go down too well though - understandable - so I need to either write off this month or buck up my ideas. I've never been this 'whatever' (don't know a proper word to describe my feelings and approach) before, although I'm not 'low' with it, just very 'blah'! [​IMG] (Didn't know which 'smiley' (ha!) to use for 'blah' so went for a wilting flower...)
    Sorry about af Antoniou.
    Hi Miss B - hope you're doing ok? Cheer us up will you with happy bump news.

9. Amybella

Amybella New commenter

Come on, Toe, you can do it! Do it for us, languishing here on our spangly new thread! (I don't blame you for feeling like you do though [​IMG] but you're right, OH may not be overwhelmed by your enthusiasm for dtd!!!!)
    Sorry Antoniou, about AF
    Woo, sorry about the disappointment, but it ain't over til it's over!
    As for me, I'm trying not to symptom spot, but also trying not to be too negative as my friend says that's very bad for conception. Random stabbing around belly button today (shh! I didn't say that, because I'm not symptom spotting! [​IMG] )

10. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Of course I actually meant cd8! Therefore today I am... cd9, and still no sex!
    I have something embarrassing to ask about. I have a sore on my 'bits', which is also preventing me from wanting to risk pain through dtd. I've taken a look [​IMG] and can't really see anything, but suggest that it's a legion on the outside of my labia, which I reckon could've been caused by me scraping a fingernail on it whilst wiping or something (although I don't remember any altercations with my lady parts!) What is the lucky ladies who've just given birth do with their sore bits? I'm thinking warm water when they pee (it doesn't hurt then, but with the wiping part, so don't think that will help) and/or tea tree? If tea tree, how is it applied/used? Or can you suggest anything else I can do?

11. Amybella

Amybella New commenter

I've never given birth but whenever I have issues in that region I put sudocrem on overnight. Works a treat!

12. Hi toe, sorry to gatecrash but I read your post and wanted to stop you putting tee tree straigt onto your lady bits. It will sting! You might have an ingrown hair that's just got a bit infected. You can put a few drops in the bath with a bit of lavender oil. Sudocrem is as good as anything though x

13. Amybella

Amybella New commenter

We knew what you meant! I am finding these acronyms swimming in my head and have to be careful not to use them in actual conversation!

14. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Thanks for the advice re teatree. I actually bit the bullet and put some on a cotton pad with some almond oil and that seemed ok.
    Actually not feeling very well today though. I felt SO cold and tired last night and my tummy felt a bit odd. Then all day today I've had stomach cramps; not like menstrual cramps but more like spasms you get if you have a tummy bug. I feel a bit sick, but haven't been sick. Although it doesn't feel like wind, I've taken a windeze tablet and I'm just running a bath now, as that helps with menstrual cramps, so might help. Sometimes the pain is really quite intense and we're supposed to be going to friends for dinner tonight. We NEVER go anywhere and it's just typical that I'm not feeling well! I even did a pg test this morning, just in case. Needless to say it was negative. What with this and the sore bits, this month is looking decidedly doubtful.
    Amybella - I know what you mean about the acronyms. Earlier I typed an e-mail which should have said 'as for...' but I'd typed 'af or...' and looked at it thinking 'that looks odd' but it didn't immediately strike me what the problem was!

15. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Well now I'm feeling really sorry for myself. I'm sitting here, with a very grumbly tummy. OH has gone on his own to our friends as my feeling unwell developed into the 'd' from 'd&v' and I decided (through tears!) it was just too risky to go and I probably wouldn't have wanted to eat anything, even if 'things' were ok. Sipping water and nibbling digestive biscuits, watching Strictly, then an early night. Rubbish!

16. Amybella

Amybella New commenter

Sorry you're not feeling well, Toe. it's that time of year when there's so many bugs about.Is your immune system like mine? I've worked in my school for long enough to be pretty much immune to what comes around, so when I get something I only get it mildly, but it lurks for weeks!? Hope you felt well enough to go out.
    I am currently skulking about at home in a state of throrough confusion. I'm on day 29, but don't think I ov'd until day 22. My LP has always historically been 14 days, regardless of how late in the cycle I ov. Having had weird stabby pains in my groin and stomach this week, I then noticed (tmi alert) the TINIEST couple of spots of blood and some CM when I wiped and had cramps for a while which made me cry because I thought my period was coming. WHY is this so hard? I wish I could see inside myself and just KNOW what's going on... I suppose there's a big part of me that doesn't even dare to hope that it could have been implantation bleeding, because I've been disappointed so much before. Sorry to go on; I just know you guys understand!

17. Logged on to fb this morning to see a photo of uni mate (who I'm meeting next week) posing in a photo showing off her 30 week bump (baby 3). We would have had the same due date and it just makes me so sad. How come she gets 3 when I can't even have one :'(

18. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Totally feel your pain Antoniou! I am meeting two of my ini friends the week after next. One has two babies and the other is due in feb (and wasnt even trying!!) It is so sad. Will be us one day - I hope!!!

19. eac902

eac902 New commenter

Hope you're feeling a bit better toe, how rubbish especially on weekend x
    Sorry AF got you Antoniou, good luck with the new dosage of clomid :) hope your side effects aren't any worse and you get a nice strong OV x
    Woo any further symptoms? What about you Amybella? Got my fingers crossed for you both x
    Nothing much doing here, still little cramps and tiredness but no morning sickness so it still doesn't feel real. Have put thermometer and hpts away though trying to be good.
    Extreme hunger though, it's a it ridiculous as I'm waking up at 4 or 5 starving hungry, and as soon as I finish my breakfast or dinner I'm ready to eat again. Feeling quite worried about PCOS and miscarriage rates as well, so have booked early private scan for 7 weeks on the 10th Dec. Feels so far away x

20. Sorry af arrived for so many ((hugs all round)) x x x
    toe - How soon is your FS appointment? I remember you've got your 'rummage around' on Xmas eve...but was your other appointment coming up too? Hope you've managed to 'get busy' (and got you bits sorted!) And hope you're feeling better. x x x Thanks for asking after me, I'm 18 weeks...time seems to be flying! All seems fine, and I thank my lucky stars every single day. x x x
    Amybella - symptoms are sounding promising! Are you a poasoholic? Will you test early? Good luck! x x x
    antoniou - ((hugs for meeting up with friends)) that is so blooming hard, especially as it should have been you too. I'm so sorry antoniou x x x I noticed on your other thread that you've had your clomid upped, fingers crossed for a good strong ov this month! Good luck! x x x
    eac - Everything's sounding so positive, hungry symptoms are a great sign. Only 2 weeks till you'll see your little bean...it'll fly past! I'm sure everything will be just perfect. x x x
    ITA - Did you get your appointment sorted?! I remember it took me ages to 'take the plunge' and book it. I think I just didn't want to find out that there was a problem. Hope your OH did his 'present' for you too! x x x
    Love and luck ladies xxx