1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TTC...2nd month of using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by smiler247, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Hello everyone,
    I hope that someone can advise me further. I came off the pill (after 13 years of being on it) in November and my first period arrived on Boxing Day. I had a peak during the first month, and my period arrived after 28 days. I haven't had a peak this month. My period was supposed to arrive on Monday of this week. I've had some very very light pinkish spotting over the last few days but nothing like a period. I took a test on Wednesday but it was negative. I'm not sure what the next step should be now!

Thank you for reading xx

2. Hi smiler, it can take a long time for your periods to sort themselves out, especially if you've been on the pill for a long time. It might just be your hormones are still all over the place.

3. Hi smiler. I too was on the pill about that long, when I came off last year I had four cycles after my first bleed that were all different lengths from 25 to 32 days. I decided to get a cbfm to check what was going on after cycle 3 and it was quite regular and I got pg. however I have since had a mc and started using the cbfm again. And I mention that because my readings have fluctuated a lot due to my hormones settling down again. I think it's just a waiting game really but I was told by the doctor that it can take up to six months for your body to sort itself out after coming off the pill and I was lucky to conceive after 5 months. I know this is not what you want be what you want to hear (and with my luck you'll announce a bfp tomorrow!) but it seems to be a waiting game for the old hormones I'm afraid! But good luck! Why not join the ttc thread? X

4. Ravena

Ravena New commenter

I bought the CB Fertility Monitor and for 2 months I had no surge or peak, indicating I wasn't ovulating. One day it suddenly peaked, which I thought was strange - turned out I was already pregnant! My due date is today, although no sign of baby yet. But my point is - whilst the CBFM seems to work really well for most people, I wouldnt personally use it again! Good luck with TTC.