1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to get pregnant

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by miz, Apr 17, 2007.

1. loobieloo

loobieloo New commenter

Come on dizzi - we need good news!!! Tons of good wishes and the very best of luck. XXXXXXXX

2. loobieloo

loobieloo New commenter

also make sure you test with a decent brand like first response - expensive but worth it.x

3. Hi Dizzi
    This is horrible having to wait. Try not to get your hopes up too much - I never spot pre AF - except 2 months ago when I did (and like you was hoping for a miraculous implantation bleed).
    Will keep fingers crossed for you though. Try and wait 2 days if you can as testing on due day rather than pre is much more reliable.

4. Are four tests overkilling it? The two I've done today have a faint line too (and it's not a kidding yourself it's a line, line - trust me, been there, done that one). Slightly concerned as everything's still so faint, but the oven appears to have lost enough weight to start working again.
    To the rest of you - I know it's hard, I've been there so many times myself - but you are all in my thoughts right now and I feel so bad telling you this (I'd have gone nuts... well nuttier than I've driven myself... without you all). I'm rooting for you all so badly that you get what you deserve sooner rather than later.

5. loobieloo

loobieloo New commenter

My 1st line was so so faint that I did a test each morning (sometimes 2!) It just kept getting stronger so I reckon thats all you need to know!!!! YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Let us know tomorrow if its a bit darker!! Now just take it easy and relax for a while...easier said than done I know.xxx

6. Dizzi, I'm so happy for you.Maybe your body was waiting for you to become an honest woman [​IMG]
    What I mean is married in case it reads wrong!

7. This is sooo good Dizzi, I am wishing you sticky baby dust! - I had the feintest line too at first, and it too got darker everyday. x

8. bessiesmith

bessiesmith Occasional commenter

Hey fantastic news Dizzi - really over the moon for you! It's hard to believe it's true isn't it, after the years of trying.....I'm still have trouble accepting it's really happened and I'm half-way through my pregnancy now!
    Best of luck for the coming months.

9. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

Oh, Dizzi, how wonderful! Many congratulations!
    Don't feel bad, I'm really pleased for you. Thank you for still rooting for us!

10. becky70

And, Bessie, lovely to hear from you again - glad all is well with you.

11. bessiesmith

bessiesmith Occasional commenter

Thanks Becky - I still check this thread and the one on the pregnancy forum because I'm really hoping to hear some good news from those people like you and rharg who were so supportive when I was finding it so hard. I remember thinking at the beginning of the year that a new decade might be a good sign.....it seems to have worked for me and Dizzi - so perhaps the next 7 months might bring some more good luck.

12. It didn't stick... tests back to showing not pregnant - looks like it was just a chemical job.

13. becky70

Oh no - so sorry to hear that! (((Dizzi)))

14. loobieloo

loobieloo New commenter

Really sorry dizzi - tho if AF doesnt appear in a couple of days I would do another test to be sure. Thinking of you.xxx

15. Sorry Dizzi, [​IMG]

16. Sorry Dizzi what a horrible disappointment x

17. Sorry Dizzi - take some time for yourself now.

18. Dizzi- I'm so sorry. [​IMG] I hope you're ok and I really hope you get your sticky bfp very very soon. x x
    Bessie- Nice to hear from you. [​IMG] So glad your pregnancy is going well, although I can't believe you're half way through already- time really does fly!!! I'm hoping to start IVF on my next cycle or possibly the one after, so not long really. Feeling very positive at the moment and can't wait to get on with it! Have posted a few times on the fertility thread in the pregnancy forum, as there are a few ladies there going through ivf at the moment. Take care and keep us posted. x x
    Hi and good luck to everyone else. [​IMG]

19. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

How's the weather in Bosnia, anj?