1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to conceive

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by TES_Bev, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Thank you for the kind thoughts from everyone. I appreciate it.
    My Hubby picked up my phone yesterday and read some of the comments about Husband attitudes, he wanted to know if I'd been complaining about him! Oh no! said I, it's just a forum I read ... He suddenly got more enthusiastic again! Result!
    I reckon we have given it our best shot yet this month so fingers crossed.
    Antoniou - I knew I had read something about jelly - what was the reason behind eating it?
    Moresparkles - hope everything goes ok for DH today.
    Got to be honest the camping and mud puts me off Glastonbury although my DH keeps saying we should go
    Good luck and fx to all hope this is going to be a good month

2. Hello,
    I'm so sorry I haven't had time to read this thread of late as I have so much work to do. But I wish everyone the best of luck and hope for many BFP.
    As for me, AF arrived on Friday, which makes me on CD4 of my 3rd cycle. No AF pains and a very light flow this time, thanks to my homeopathic treatment. I hope what the doctor gave me to help me conceive will be as effective! I don't know if homeopathy is widespread in the UK, but here in France my prescriptions are even covered by our equivalent of the NHS.

3. ravenmoon

ravenmoon New commenter

Well, still no af, I'm now assuming I ovulated on CD25 as if I had on CD15 I surely would have had af or bfp by now.

But I'm now paranoid by body is all messed up by the fact I stopped taking the pill in march, I've had two non pill induced af since, both were similar in length etc and were proper ones. I assumed that meant I wad ovulating and back to normal, but could it still be messing with me?

4. ravenmoon, - before I came off the pill my doctor warned me several times that it could take up to 6 months for my body to get properly back to normal after coming off the pill. I thought I had been pretty lucky (seemed to be straight back) but af at beginning of fourth cycle was loopy spotted for a full week, day off and then proper af - this was unheard of for me (on pill or before), doctor just said effect of the pill still. I think I have definitely ovulated cycle three and four (and used cbfm on fourth) off the pill.
    Good luck and fx.
    jelly

5. Added myself; off to pour a large glas of wine to cheer myself up now!
    LittleMissCurious (31) TTC no1, cycle 20 or so, ICSI cycle suspended in May, due to re-try in Aug.
    Liliwhite (34) TTC no1, cycle 2.
    Complicated_Bear (26) TTC no. 1, cycle 4, just started temping, 1 chemical pregnancy 2 and a half years ago.
    Heather_t (28) TTC no. 2, cycle 5, PCOS taking metformin (feeling yukky)
    Jellybean (32) TTC no1, cycle 4, was on pill for 13 yrs, just started temp charting & CBFM
    Mariposa (31) TTC no.1, cycle 23, fertility probs on both sides, second lot of clomid, 2 chemical pregnancies.
    More Sparkles (31) TTC no. 1 Cycle 1?. PCOS, temp charting, Bloods normal?
    Omega2.5 (30) TTC 1, cycle 7, PCOS, waiting appointment with gynae, temp charting & CBFM.
    Ravenmoon (26) ttc 1, first cycle of charting and ttc
    sleepy_me (29) ttc no. 1, cycle 5, 1 miscarriage.
    Spidermonkey (32) TTC no 2, more cycles than I care to remember, endometriosis
    Toeinwater (32) TTC no 1, cycle 17, not even a nibble so far!
    Torri (28) TTC no. 1, cycle 28/9 (really lost count), 1 miscarriage 8 months ago
    Antoniou (30) TTC no. 1, cycle 16, using CBFM

6. Just amended my cycle.
    LittleMissCurious (31) TTC no1, cycle 20 or so, ICSI cycle suspended in May, due to re-try in Aug.

Liliwhite (34) TTC no1, cycle 3.

Complicated_Bear (26) TTC no. 1, cycle 4, just started temping,1 chemical pregnancy 2 and a half years ago.

Heather_t (28) TTC no. 2, cycle 5, PCOS taking metformin (feeling yukky)

Jellybean (32) TTC no1, cycle 4, was on pill for 13 yrs, just started temp charting & CBFM

Mariposa (31) TTC no.1, cycle 23, fertility probs on both sides, second lot of clomid, 2 chemical pregnancies.

More Sparkles (31) TTC no. 1 Cycle 1?. PCOS, temp charting, Bloods normal?

Omega2.5 (30) TTC 1, cycle 7, PCOS, waiting appointment with gynae, temp charting & CBFM.

Ravenmoon (26) ttc 1, first cycle of charting and ttc

sleepy_me (29) ttc no. 1, cycle 5, 1 miscarriage.

Spidermonkey (32) TTC no 2, more cycles than I care to remember, endometriosis

Toeinwater (32) TTC no 1, cycle 17, not even a nibble so far!

Torri (28) TTC no. 1, cycle 28/9 (really lost count), 1 miscarriage 8 months ago

Antoniou (30) TTC no. 1, cycle 16, using CBFM

8. Argh sorry I was trying to write a message at the top of the list above but it came out looking like liliwhite wrote it.. sorry!

9. Hi Ladies
    Rubbish day at work everything seems to be going wrong for me at the moment. I'm normally a very positive person but now I just feel awful. Won't go into details but its based around contracts rather than anything to do with the kids. Have had a good cry but now I just want something to finally go right for me. No sign of OV yet still hardly getting a line on the ov sticks. Has anyone gone through the same thing - miscarriage at 5 weeks ish (not sure if its classed as a chemical pregnancy or not). How long did it take you to OV?

10. Oh gosh I didn't mean to scare you all off. Sorry ignore my ramblings feeling much more upbeat today although still no sign of a line on the ov sticks.

11. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Glad to hear you're feeling more positive today Sleepy. And also glad to see someone on this thread today!

12. sleepy - glad you're feeling a little more positive today. Sorry, no advice about ov after miscarriage. How you feeling anyway lovely? Wishing you a speedy BFP. x x

13. Count me in - I'm still here!
    Sorry sleepy thought I had replied - bloody phone! No experience to share just a hug. I reckon I'm 4dpo and took oddly ill suddenly last night and became a complete symptom spotter - cramps, queasy, issue with smells, extreme thirst! Should not have googled!

14. Just checking in, seems quiet on here the past few days. I've been reading but not posting, as have nothing to say! Fertility friend keeps changin it's mind on if and when I ovd as temps all over the place. Still no period. Over 2 months now since coming off pill. Hubby going to ring docs tomorrow, see if his test results ate back. Once he has his I can go back with the full picture and see what next stage is. hugs and babydust to all x

15. ravenmoon

ravenmoon New commenter

Well af finally arrived yesterday morning. I was disappointed but relieved to know one way or the other.

My luteal phase was 11 days, seemed a little in the short size, but if I ovulated when I originally thought it would have been 21 days lol.

I'm going to buy some opk's for this cycle as I could have saved myself a lot of stress if I had known when I ovulated.

Good luck to those on the 2ww and those waiting to ovulated!

16. Hey ravenmoon, onwards and upwards! I've been a little in limbo too....had days and days of spotting, but am now on CD1, so can concentrate on this cycle.
    Good luck ladies. x x

17. Sorry about af ravenmoon - fx this cycle will be it.
    Fx Miss Bangles you sound particularly focussed.
    How are you getting on sleepy? OK I hope.
    I'm still waiting, feels a very long time this time!

It is so quiet on here this week, is it just not many people on here reading or have people just not got a lot to say at the moment?
    Babydust to all! Love Jelly

18. Sleepy, sorry to hear you were haing a bad day the other day, belated *hugs*. Glad you were feeling better the next day :)
    Ravenmoon, sorry abou AF, but as I had the same last month I do sympathise with being glad to know one way or the other.
    Well, I was beginning to think based on my temp chart that I was never going to ovulate this month and was beginning to worry, but this morning FF has decided I prob ov'd 4 days ago. Now it's put the lines in I can see my past 4 temps have steadily increased, but my pre Ov temps are all over the place, many being higher than my post ov ones! Oh well, FF seems to know what it's doing! So I am now on 2ww, 4dpo and counting! (Oh, and my fertile phase was a week later than FF predicted, which meant OH was back home in time as we DTD twice during apparent fertile phase, yay!). Who else is on 2ww (I know someone a couple of posts back said they were, but can't remember for the life of me who!)
    xx

19. Hi leesey and welcome. You count your first Cycle day as the day you start start your period (full flow as opposed to spotting). As for a relaxed approach i would say DTD every over day or so for the 2 weeks after your period stops (or up until day after OV if you know when that is.)
    Thanks for your advice. I am still waiting for a positive OPK on about CD21 (I think) but hormone levels only went down to 0 on the 22nd so maybe it will be 2 weeks from that date that I ov which will be later this week.
    I've probably completely confused my body. I think it was only just sorting itself out after the pill and now its got all messed up again. Guess i will just have to wait and see.
    Thanks for thinking of me complicated sounds like temp monitoring can be a little complicated. Hopefully you wont have to do it next month. [​IMG]

20. Where has everyone gone?
    Am a bit confused now. I have got quite a bit of EWCM today but my OPK is still negative. I have tried both the cheapie ones and the digital one. What is going on? do you get EWCM before you OV? Or am I Ov'ing now and the tests are wrong. Why is this TTC so confusing?? Obviously we will DTD tonight anyway but now im worring that we should do it right now just in case. Doesn't help that I'm at my mums for lunch! Help anyone?