1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to conceive

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by TES_Bev, Jun 20, 2011.

1. I know I havn't been trying that long, or posting on here, but it certainly feels like the sort of place you can say what you're feeling without being judged. Hoping you and Antoniou are the next to leave us xx

2. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Aw! Thanks Sparkles! I hope you get your bfp soon too. As I say, I don't begrudge anyone, but just feel depressed at the whole long process.

3. Aw, thanks. I hope so too!

4. Congratulations on your BFP Ravena, really pleased for you, good luck.
    Toeinwater + Antoniou - whilst I've not been actively trying as long (same age though Toe!) it is a crashing feeling knowling that I've spent years and years trying not to get pg and being told to be careful after missing just one pill/ taking antibotics/ being ill etc waiting (almost patiently) until my hubby finally finished years and years of training and got a permanent job only to find it is not as easy as you are so often told before you start.
    I guess that really I have just been waiting and wanting to be ttc for SO many years I just feel beyond ready to be pg!
    I'm sure many others feel the same? Come on ladies, positive thinking! This has got to be the BFP month for a lot of us - fx everyone!

5. My hormones seem to be all over the place. I'm spottier now than I have been since I was 15. What's that all about? Hoping it's just the balancing of hormones from coming off the pill and I might actually come on soon!

6. Not been on for a few days, but thinking of you Sleepy!! Fx your body sorts itself out soon!
    Well, hubby been away this week, and was scared I was going to ovulate while he was away, but he comes back tomorrow and I'm only just getting fertile cm, and temps haven't gone up yet, so keeping fx'd I will still have my chance this month. Adding myself to the list:

Complicated_Bear (26) TTC no. 1, cycle 4, just started temping, 1 chemical pregnancy 2 and a half years ago.
    Heather_t (28) TTC no. 2, cycle 5, PCOS taking metformin (feeling yukky)
    Jellybean (32) TTC no1, cycle 4, was on pill for 13 yrs, just started temp charting & CBFM
    Mariposa (31) TTC no.1, cycle 23, fertility probs on both sides, second lot of clomid, 2 chemical pregnancies.
    More Sparkles (31) TTC no. 1 Cycle 1?. PCOS, temp charting, Bloods normal?
    Omega2.5 (30) TTC 1, cycle 7, PCOS, waiting appointment with gynae, temp charting & CBFM.
    Ravenmoon (26) ttc 1, first cycle of charting and ttc
    sleepy_me (29) ttc no. 1, cycle 5, 1 miscarriage.
    Spidermonkey (32) TTC no 2, more cycles than I care to remember, endometriosis
    Toeinwater (32) TTC no 1, cycle 17, not even a nibble so far!
    Torri (28) TTC no. 1, cycle 28/9 (really lost count), 1 miscarriage 8 months ago
    Antoniou (30) TTC no. 1, cycle 16, using CBFM

7. Hi, Just added my name to the list and Gosh... I feel very old now [​IMG]
    I should be getting AF tomorrow (well, I was thinking more like today but so far she's not shown her face). If it doesn't work this cycle, I've got all this homeopathy waiting for me in a bag, so I'm not too desperate. I have been incredibly busy this cycle so haven't been symptom spotting too much. I swear! [​IMG]

Liliwhite (34) TTC no1, cycle 2.
    Complicated_Bear (26) TTC no. 1, cycle 4, just started temping, 1 chemical pregnancy 2 and a half years ago.
    Heather_t (28) TTC no. 2, cycle 5, PCOS taking metformin (feeling yukky)
    Jellybean (32) TTC no1, cycle 4, was on pill for 13 yrs, just started temp charting & CBFM
    Mariposa (31) TTC no.1, cycle 23, fertility probs on both sides, second lot of clomid, 2 chemical pregnancies.
    More Sparkles (31) TTC no. 1 Cycle 1?. PCOS, temp charting, Bloods normal?
    Omega2.5 (30) TTC 1, cycle 7, PCOS, waiting appointment with gynae, temp charting & CBFM.
    Ravenmoon (26) ttc 1, first cycle of charting and ttc
    sleepy_me (29) ttc no. 1, cycle 5, 1 miscarriage.
    Spidermonkey (32) TTC no 2, more cycles than I care to remember, endometriosis
    Toeinwater (32) TTC no 1, cycle 17, not even a nibble so far!
    Torri (28) TTC no. 1, cycle 28/9 (really lost count), 1 miscarriage 8 months ago
    Antoniou (30) TTC no. 1, cycle 16, using CBFM

8. I think we are all like that. I certainly am at the moment. I only came off the pill in April yet I'm obsessed already! After my spotty skin yesterday I decided it must be hormnal so tested. BFN obviously. New policy is not to have tests in the house until I throw up one morning! Gave myself a strict talking to last night for being so silly. Then this morning I have a significant temp drop that has got me all excited. I obviously have too much time on my hands!

9. I am obsessed at the moment! I only came off the pill in April yet I'm obsessed already! After my spotty skin yesterday I decided it must be hormnal so tested. BFN obviously. New policy is not to have tests in the house until I throw up one morning! Gave myself a strict talking to last night for being so silly. Then this morning I have a significant temp drop that has got me all excited. I obviously have too much time on my hands!

10. I am spotty too, moresparkles! Never used to be.
    On CD31 today, still no AF. My longest cycle has been 33 days, so I guess I'll wait till Sunday to test.
    x

11. Hi everyone.
    So had my last blood test today down to 2 which means no more blood tests. So relieved I was beginning to feel a little like a pin cushion. I have also stopped bleeding woop woop. So we back to it this week. The hospital said that i could start trying again as soon as the bleeding stopped and that if your body was ready to conceive then it would if it isn't then it won't. So back to crossing fingers.
    Also found out today that my sister in law is 16 weeks pregnant (she went for her 12 week scan and it was a little later than she thought). Although I'm really happy for her I'm a bit gutted and very jealous. Why can't it be me. [​IMG] Hey ho maybe it won't be too long until its my turn and you never know if we end up having the same sex baby I will get lots of free hand-me-downs that will come in very handy. Hubbys mum must be a bit of a dither finding out she was going to be a gran again and then finding out she wasn't and now finding out she is but by a different offspring.
    Lillywhite you are being very disciplined with yourself i would have tested by now. Good luck.
    Moresparkles i am covered in spots all around my hairline it is horrible. I think my was all related to the pregnancy hormones and am hoping that they will clear up now.
    Complicated bear thanks for thinking of me. I hope that your man gets back in time and its a successful month for you.

12. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Glad to hear you're sounding up-beat Sleepy. There seem to be a lot of cases of women falling pg v quickly after mc, so fingers crossed you'll follow suit.

13. Thanks Toe. Fingers crossed it will be you soon too.

14. Just a Little message in support of toes post. Sleepy don't give up I was in the same situation as you. Mc broke my heart but fell PG again on the 2nd cycle after and now 19 weeks ish. Good luck my lovely xx

15. ravenmoon

ravenmoon New commenter

Hey guys, I have a question and can't seem to find any answers on the internet.

I've been off the pill since 17th march and have had af twice since, and should be due for another any day now. I stupidly haven't been tracking my cycle lengths, but I have managed to work out the average as 33 days.

I have used fertility friend this cycle and it seems clear I ovulated on day 15 of my cycle. I am currently on 15dpo, took a test at 9dpo and 13dpo, both negative.

Apparently luteal phases shouldn't go on longer than 16 days, so if my af doesn't start tomorrow or the next day then its quite unusual but would make my cycle 31 or 32 days.

As my luteal phase is so long, could that be a trading why both my tests have been negative ad it was too far away from when af should come?

I've felt so rubbish yesterday and today, bad lower back pain, which seems to be more in one.side then switches to the other, had bad cramping, felt queasy and tired. I never get bad ons pains or period pains, just some mild cramping. My temps have risen to the highest they've been and seem to be staying tete.

I just want to know what's going on with my body and why I feel so rubbish!

On my iPhone so sorry if this is all garbled. I'm just beginning to get concerned and would love some advice!

16. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

I can't really offer any advice but wanted to remind you that the pill can do funny things to your body. How your periods were on the pill may have been different to how they are 'naturally' and after a couple of months of adjustment they may well just be altering to how they should be without added hormones, if you see what I mean!? Good luck though!

17. ravenmoon

ravenmoon New commenter

Thanks for replying!

When I was on the pill they were always 3 days after I stopped taking it amd lasted 5 days. I usually got a bit of mild cramping on the second day, but then nothing.

The two I've had since have been the same, only I had cramping 4 ish days before it arrived, then it just appeared!

I've never had this kind of discomfort and with ff chart making ovulation pretty clear on day 15 I'm beginning to sorry I have an abnormally long luteal phase. I keep thinking af had started, then go to check and it hasn't.

You're right though, my body might still be screwy from the pill, so hopefully if my luteal phase is long its just because of that!

It also gives me false hope my negative tests were just me testing too early...

18. You're being very brave sleepy. Well done. It's so hard. I've had 2 chemical pregnancies and it's tough. I miscarried my 1st as my sister was giving birth. And I think it's cycle 25 for me....so the 2 year mark has passed!! I never thought I'd be in this position at all and I'm gutted.

19. Goodness mariposa you were on here early - hope you're ok?
    Ravennoon - I've been off the pill about the same length of time as you and my cycles have varied from 26-33 days so far and it really only changed my usual af bleeding pattern the last time, dr said it was still the pill affecting me. I was told the pill can affect you for up to 6 months after you stop taking it.

Am so excited/ feel sick! I have just realised today has the potential to be life changing!
    1- I have a job interview and desperately was out of my current situation.
    2 - managed to apply for olymipcs tickets this morning.
    3 - just got my first peak fertility symbol on my cbfm

Can barely contain myself ... Fx

20. Hugs mariposa xx
    on the train on they to a course, reading the signs you knew you were pregnant is a bad thing. Imagining all sorts! Anyway, very emotional at the moment. Husband out last night, got in a little tipsy and was therefore snoring more than usual. I went to sleep on the sofa, he woke up and asked me to come back to bed etc and I was all teary "I'm tired, I just want to go to sleep etc" often et overly emotional before I come on, so hoping it's that. Would be nice not to be stuck in limbo! Also been needing to wee lots recently and have sharp pain over left ovary area. Symptom spotting? Me? Never x