1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to conceive

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by TES_Bev, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Due to the duplication problem with the original thread, we've had to lock it but please continue your conversations in this thread.
    You can still refer to the original thread at any time here:
    http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/297944.aspx
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

2. Due to the duplication problem with the original thread, we've had to lock it but please continue your conversations in this thread.
    You can still refer to the original thread at any time here:
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/297944.aspx
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

3. Noooooo! We like the other thread! It's so interesting/informative to read how other ladies get on when ttc. Any chance it can be resurrected??! It's nowhere near the longest thread on the TES forums.
    We can even ignore the duplication! Pretty please TES_Bev? [​IMG]

4. I must admit I just had a nostalgic read through in case the original disappears!

5. Had blood test results back today, all fine. I know it's supposed to take a while to get your body back to normal after coming pill, but its been 3 months now, and nothing! Bloody PCOS! Going back to docs on Thursday to see what next steps are.
    Have taken the list from previous thread to continue here
    Jellybean (32) TTC no1, cycle 4, was on pill for 13 yrs, just started temp charting & CBFM
    Mariposa (31) TTC no.1, cycle 23, fertility probs on both sides, second lot of clomid, 2 chemical pregnancies.
    More Sparkles (31) TTC no. 1 Cycle 1?. PCOS, temp charting, Bloods normal?
    Omega2.5 (30) TTC 1, cycle 7, PCOS, waiting appointment with gynae, temp charting & CBFM.
    Ravenmoon (26) ttc 1, first cycle of charting and ttc
    Spidermonkey (32) TTC no 2, more cycles than I care to remember, endometriosis
    Toeinwater (32) TTC no 1, cycle 17, not even a nibble so far!

6. Jellybean (32) TTC no1, cycle 4, was on pill for 13 yrs, just started temp charting & CBFM
    Mariposa (31) TTC no.1, cycle 23, fertility probs on both sides, second lot of clomid, 2 chemical pregnancies.
    Omega2.5 (30) TTC 1, cycle 7, PCOS, waiting appointment with gynae, temp charting & CBFM.
    sleepy_me (29) ttc no. 1, cycle 5, 1 miscarriage.
    Torri (28) TTC no. 1, cycle 28/9 (really lost count), 1 miscarriage 8 months ago

Hoping that worked. Am still waiting for everything to sort itself out. Why did no one ever tell us that TTC isn't simple or that a miscarriage takes weeks to happen? I blame the teachers... LOL

7. How you doing now sleepy?
    I think we need a big sprinkling of baby dust on here. Anyone on the 2WW?

8. I'm coming to the end if my first 2ww. Tested at 9dpo and got a bfn, so decided to wait until af was due, which is from tomorrow, only I'm not sure how long my luteal phase is as this is my first cycle charting so not sure when af is actually due. I'll be on day 28 13 dpo tomorrow. Temperature still up so not sure what to do or when to test!

Baby dust to everyone!!!!

9. I'm ok thanks sparkles. Just fed up with the whole bleeding thing. It's not even like its heavy. Only had 1 day where it was medium most of the time It's hardly even there but i still have to wear a pad just in case. Now I'm waiting for it to get heavy like all the websites say it will. I'm not convinced that its going to.
    I know my hormone levels are around 70 (or were yesterday) and they need to go down to 0 and when they do my cycle will start up again and may ovulate (or not). But does that mean that when it goes down to 0 that's when i start bleeding heavily or should that have happened already? My periods are really light anyway so maybe as i was only 5 weeks (or less than) and the doctors have said at this stage its just like a heavy period maybe mine will be light.
    Sorry that is a really rambling post. I just don't understand what is meant to happen or if it has happened already and I can't find anything on line to help.
    I just want to get trying again.

10. Moi. On 10DPO, tested yesterday and got BFN. AF due on Friday, so will try to hold of POAS again until then. Not sure that there is much hope - had very sore boobs from 6DPO and general feeling of ickiness (technical term that!), but to be honest I suspect that I am over analysing everything and reading things that aren't there.

Just got back from Tescos and had to smile at the contents of my trolley - Tesco sticks and my usual jumbo packs of sanitary towels - covering all eventualities!

11. Heather_t (28) TTC no. 2, cycle 5, PCOS taking metformin (feeling yukky)
    Jellybean (32) TTC no1, cycle 4, was on pill for 13 yrs, just started temp charting & CBFM
    sleepy_me (29) ttc no. 1, cycle 5, 1 miscarriage.
    Torri (28) TTC no. 1, cycle 28/9 (really lost count), 1 miscarriage 8 months ago

Ha, now I'm at the top [​IMG]
    Sleepy, I've been thinking of you. It must be so difficult, and you seem so reasonable about it. I hope it's all over soon.
    Raven, you haven't taken long to become engrossed in TTC. It makes me smile to read your comments, I was like that too first time round, it was so exciting. I think you might implode when you get a BFP - fx it's this month.
    AF has just left after 14 (!!!!) days. She's obviously paying back for the 2 day visit last month....
    x x x

12. I know, its scary how obsessed I've become. I think its because I'm a control freak that this not knowing is making me obsessive on every little thing my body does! As we were going to wait until next month to officially start trying we only dtd 4 days before I ovulated and then the day after, as I didn't really get this whole charting business, so only holding out hope due to temps on my chart and cm and all these weird symptoms I've been having...

Am sick of thinking about it and just want to know one way or the other! Sorry for rant!

13. Pretty certain I'm out this month - feel thoroughly periody today. Just got to wait until Friday when AF is due so we can start the fun all over again [​IMG]

14. Hi. Don't worry, we won't delete the thread and I've added a link to it in my opening post of this thread so you can refer to the old one at any time. I think the fault lies with the amount of data in the thread so keeping it open to add more posts will only make the matter worse and cause even more duplications.

15. I didn't really want to add myself to the list as it looks so depressing written down. I honestly believed when I started this journey that I'd have a baby by now (and possibly be planning number 2) [​IMG]

16. Sorry its taking you so long antoniou, I'm new to this whole thing but it seems like such a horrific emotional rollercoaster!

I tested again this morning as my temp had done up again and my chart on ff said I had a possible triphasic pattern, but was bfn.

Am on day 28, 13dpo so assuming if I was pregnant it would have been positive by now. Also feeling more cramps so maybe af is on her way.

I guess this means I can have a drink at my year 11's prom next week!

Good luck to everyone else on the 2ww!

17. Ravena

Ravena New commenter

Just wanted to say to everyone: don't give up hope! I got my BFP today after blood tests/scans indicated I wasn't ovulating.

18. Congrats! Maybe this will be the start of another run of BFPs!
    Have invested in a couple of Zita West books, some light bed time reading! x

19. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Yep! Me too hun! Being completely selfish I feel that I'm the... wait for it...
    oldest-one-on-the-list- whose-only-ttc-no-1-and-who-has-the-most-cycles-under-her-belt.
    What a cow bag I am! The only thing making me less of a cow bag is that I don't actually begrudge any bfps, it's just the whole seeing it in black and white thing. However, I am also aware that, although I've been ttc for age, there are plenty of ladies on here who have been through worse than this, so I hope nobody is offended by my comments. I just feel I can be brutally honest on here!

20. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

SOOOO sorry Ravena! How rude of me caught up in my own bubble. Congratulations on your BFP lovely!!! (and I am being sincere!)