1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trump vindicated by Met police

Discussion in 'Personal' started by HoratioBlows, Dec 10, 2015.

1. HoratioBlows

HoratioBlows Senior commenter

Donald trumps comments about London being radicalised have been vindicated by members of the Metropolitan police.

A Met police officer said “Islamification” is not new, and that it is not just London that has a problem." The officer continued,"When I was a teenage lad in Burnley there were no go white areas. This IS the case still nationally...including London where you have to have extra vigilance in certain parts when you are working".

A second officer told LBC radio that their bosses had told officers not to wear uniforms in some parts of the capital. “There has been a time when it’s been advised not to wear half-blues or uniform to and from work. It's like damage limitation. You try to do the most you can to prevent anything bad from happening. And if that means taking measures to not identify yourself off-duty too much then so be it."

Following Donald Trump's comments Metropolitan police bosses issued a statement which included the comments: Any candidate for the presidential election in the United States of America is welcome to receive a briefing from the Met police on the reality of policing London."

It seems they won't be fascistically calling for him to be banned. However the comments are seen as a wide difference between police leadership who want to appear as being in control and the ordinary beat police officers on the experience of real life on the streets.

The Chief Inspector of Constabulary told the Times newspaper in 2014 of communities who would never involve the police in anything ever: "There are some communities born under other skies who will not involve the police at all...I am reluctant to name the communities in question but there are communities from other cultures who would prefer to police themselves. There are cities in the Midlands where the police never go because they are never called. They never hear of any trouble because the community deals with that on its own...They just have their own form of community justice."

His careful comments have been seen as a public relations exercise on behalf of the police leadership.

Breitbart London understands that while police don’t “refuse” to go into areas, they are increasingly concerned about entering some areas – a trend that is reflected across the European continent.

One close-protection security expert told Breitbart London earlier today: “You have to be more vigilant in some areas than others due to demographics and radicalisation. Absolutely, without question. Anybody that states otherwise would be burying their head in the sand and ignoring the reality”.

2. HoratioBlows

Rob", currently serving in the Met Police, insisted police weren't scared, but admitted bosses had told officers to avoid wearing uniforms in certain places in the capital.

Regarding no-go areas in London, Rob added: "With gang crime in London, there are areas which you wouldn't go into as a pair of cops in a car because of the fear of having things thrown at you when you're driving through certain estates - bottles etc.

"There are areas when you have to be a little switched on about what's happening in the world."

Afterwards, Nick Ferrari commented: "Hang on a second, maybe there is something in what Donald Trump said. Police are being advised not to travel to and from work in their uniforms.

"So suddenly all this "How dare he say this about London", well no the Met Police accept it as well.

"I appreciate this isn't radicalisation. But certain estates they only go mob-handed - I don't blame them for a second.

"So instead of all shrieking about Donald Trump, perhaps there is just something about what he says."

3. Ghost-of-Christmas-Past

Ghost-of-Christmas-Past Established commenter

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good left whinge;)

4. HoratioBlows

The left are the experts on that.

5. HoratioBlows

I like what this guy has to say

Pure common sense

6. HoratioBlows

Merkel "playing Santa Claus" with other people's money.

7. HoratioBlows

Some interesting facts have emerged on the Scottish university who awarded then rescinded its honorary degree to Donald Trump. It has received more than $630,000 in EU funding and has more than a dozen staff members closely connected to the EU. The EU of course being pro mass immigration.

The Robert Gordon University is an important backer of off shore wind farms which the Trump Organisation is fighting in Scotland and received large pay-outs for a "sustainability" project by the EU in 2012. A closer look at documentation shows fulsome thanks from the EU for assistance from the university in a process which was "greatly supported by the personnel of Robert Gordon University, with unfailing patience and giving freely of their professional expertise”.

It was noted by the Guardian earlier this year that Donald Trump "has waged a vigorous campaign against the project to install 11 offshore wind turbines of different types in a test site off Aberdeen known as the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre [EOWDC] ever since launching his [golf] resort proposals eight years ago".

The project hasn't progressed due to a lack of funds despite it receiving $44 million from the EU, while Donald Trump has vowed to spend millions of $s fighting the project if necessary. The connections become stronger.

The following university staff are wholly connected to the EU in these ways:

Julia Kennedy, listed on the RGU website as “International Exchanges Manager” is the European Commission’s UK Erasmus Staff Ambassador. According to RGU, Erasmus “is an EU-funded education and training programme which enables students and university staff to undertake study and work placements in other European countries”, contributing to an “open borders” philosophy across the European Union.

The university has also been supportive of a push towards a common European Union/United States “Common Aviation Area”.

And those in the pay of the European Union, guaranteed large EU pensions, include people at the very top of the university’s board of governors. David Brew – top of the list of the Board of Governors, “joined the Scottish Office as a graduate trainee in 1979 before transferring to the European Commission in Brussels”.

The university’s new Vice Principal for Research, Prof. Paul Hagan, “was on a three-year secondment to the European Commission’s International Scientific Cooperation Programme” before joining the university and the university is one of six “partner” organisations and beneficiaries of the EU-sponsored RiCORE programme which seeks to lower the barriers to the development of “offshore renewables” i.e. wind farms.

Caroline Nixon, a Lecturer RGU, “has worked on many EU-funded projects assessing transposition and implementation of the EU’s Environmental legislation for the European Commission, European Parliament, World Bank and other institutions”.

[​IMG]

8. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I do wish there was a greater selection of emojis

9. HoratioBlows

Never mind. Just look at the pictures that are there and ignore the facts.

10. Grabthar

Grabthar Established commenter

Excellent video! What a shame the narrator wasn't white, or the clique would be shouting 'EDL!' and 'racist!', and of course a picture of the Bahamas with 'Meanwhile, in Iceland' erroneously printed on it! LOL!

11. HoratioBlows

What a missed opportunity for them ! They just can't help getting it wrong all the time.

12. HoratioBlows

More police officers have come out in support of Donald Trump's comments about London having become so radicalised that Met police not only fear for their safety but have to disguise that they are police officers while at work:

From a police forum website

"He's pointed out something that is plainly obvious, something which I think we aren't as a nation willing to own up to - do you think a US Police Department would ban officers from wearing their uniforms under jackets etc due to FEAR of their cops being killed by extremists?

It would be seen as un-American, un-democratic, not the done thing... In the UK though we accept it."

" …the point I'm making is our chiefs are afraid for us, they're afraid that when we leave the nick, one of us, somewhere nationally is going to either be killed where we stand OR be dragged off in a van somewhere, dressed in half blues, having our heads cut off on an internet video, all in the name of Islamic Extremism.

The fear exists and the way we conduct our daily routine has changed because of it - if the above threat is so real, why aren't we better equipped? Clearly the intelligence exists that this might happen, why aren't we being afforded the best protection/training available?"

"If the threat is as immediate as we're being led to believe it is (I have no doubt in my mind that there is a very real threat) having cops go into work in civilian clothing isn't tackling or solving the issue at all is it?"

"For all of New York's crime horrors of 20 years ago, in 2010 I felt safer there at 2, 3 and 4 in the morning than I do now in some cities in the UK. Yes I was on holiday, yes I was in the populated tourist areas, yes I was only there a few days, yes I was looking at the place with tourist eyes, but something's wrong when I felt safer in New York than in some cities in the UK, including London, at the same hours.

However, the fact remains that officers were told, at the time, to not travel even in visible half-blues due to perceived terrorist threats. That's above and beyond normal sensible precautions when travelling to and from a duty. During the winter it's easy to disguise as you're likely to be wearing a coat, but in the height of summer that's making it more difficult."

"But isn't there a difference between common sense crime prevention like not leaving your keys in an accessible place and being told not to identify oneself as a police officer due to terrorist threats?

If we are having to disguise who we are and what we do for a living due to a perceived terrorist threat, isn't that going beyond common sense precautions and tantamount to admitting we are worried about police officer's lives due to that threat?

Whichever way you look at it, it's a pretty poor state of affairs in any case that police officers even have to disguise their occupation to and from it."

"I admit that I don't travel the tube with ease anymore. I'm constantly on the look until my trip is complete. Not a great way to live but hey ho. This threat isn't going away anytime soon."

"To answer your question to the above, yes there are places in the city where I am afraid to go. Two areas in particular are really no go areas for single crewed officers particularly at night. Even routine calls to these areas make me nervous. If we hear colleagues going to them we always free ourselves up and make are way to the area just in case. People in these areas have little or no issue ambushing and attacking officers."

"All I say is that these areas sort of tie into what Mr Trumps has said. The areas are very anti police and have have some very very strong cultural views in which the law has little or no standing."

"Similar to you Sparkey, I used to work in a largely rural area where no situation ever really unnerved me or made me fear for my safety. However coming to a city environment within this current climate has made me question my safety over the last few months."

13. HoratioBlows

14. HoratioBlows

15. HoratioBlows

The Mail Online has written of police officers in various parts of the country confirming that there are no-go zones where they have to ask local Muslim leaders for permission to enter. In some areas they have returned to find their vehicles damaged, including their own cars.

"Serving police officers today backed Donald Trump's claim that some Muslim communities in the UK are no-go areas because of extremism.

Several Met officers have said the 'Islamification' of some parts of the capital requires 'extra vigilance' and they can't wear uniforms for safety reasons - despite Scotland Yard claiming the tycoon 'couldn't be more wrong'.

Another policeman said that he and other colleagues fear being terror targets and spoke of the 'dire warning' from bosses not to wear a uniform 'even in my own car'.

Mr Trump has said the US should close its borders to all Muslim migrants and claims parts of Britain are no-go areas because of Islamic extremism.

A Lancashire Police officer told MailOnline: 'There are Muslim areas of Preston that, if we wish to patrol, we have to contact local Muslim community leaders to get their permission'.

'Whilst provocative Trump's comments does carry some weight. PCs are not permitted to even come to work in 'half Blues' (just wearing trousers and shirt) for fear of attack whilst going to work. That is a directive from Scotland Yard.

'PCs have come out to find police cars having the brake lines cut and sometimes their own personal cars damaged'.

In an interview on American TV last night Mr Trump branded people who oppose his plans to ban Muslim immigration 'foolish' and insisted he is not a bigot.

He said that criticism of his words - including on London - were politically motivated.

[​IMG]

Mr Trump responded to his critics by saying 'I don't care' adding that he has no interest in being 'politically correct.'

No doubt he'll be shown to be holding the trump card in the end.

16. HoratioBlows

17. Grabthar

18. HoratioBlows

Very interesting... I didn't know about this.

This petition on Parliament’s website - called ‘Stop all immigration and close the UK borders until ISIS is defeated’ - had attracted 444,000 signatures as of 6pm.

But despite the interest created in the Trump petition, this one had been all but ignored by the liberal media and the BBC, which promoted the Trump petition via its BBC News Twitter account.

The petition refers to a warning in February from Dr Jamie Shea, Nato’s Deputy Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges, that Islamic State terrorists might inflitrate Europe posing as Syrian refugees.

The petition was created last September, before the Paris attacks.

Typical suppression by the left wing BBC and its ideologically driven agenda, Thanks for posting it !

19. Grabthar

Quite so! There is a narrative that the UK wants immigration and Islamisation promoted through many media but the other side is supressed. The UK doesn't want either, I'll wager!

20. HoratioBlows