1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trump the racist

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spoofer4114, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Spoofer4114

Spoofer4114 Occasional commenter

2. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

what is scary is that these sorts of remarks are just playing to his fan base.

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

And given that his fan base in the UK is close to zero, I can't see why people here are so interested in what the old fool keeps tweeting.

4. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

It's a shame this has happened after his recent state visit - what he said would probably attract a complaint to the police and an investigation by the police. If we could cancel a future visit on the grounds Trump might be arrested if landing in the UK it might trouble the old fat misogynist racist.

TCSC47 and bonxie like this.
  5. Spoofer4114

I think the fact that the most powerful man in the world is a disgusting racist is of some interest to people. Particularly people of colour.

6. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Established commenter

He seems to have a fan base on TES, presumably due to the skew of the userbase towards retired 'kippers and other assorted loons. I'm sure artboyusa will be along shortly with some apologetics.

7. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

He really has hit a new low.
    Make America White Again.

TCSC47 likes this.
  8. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

It's election season. Time to stir up his base.

9. florian gassmann

But its not news. It's something everyone already knows, just the same as the fact that Trump pulled out of the Iran Accord to spite Obama. Why does everyone love to hang on every tweet of the POTUS? There's much more interesting news here in the UK, particularly on the subject of cricket. :D

10. Spoofer4114

Not everyone. His fan club will be along shortly to defend him.

11. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

It's a freak show, Florian. We just can't wait for the latest jawdropping piece of AlfGarnettry. We can hardly believe the lack of dignity that Trash-with-cash endows the position with.

12. blazer

blazer Star commenter

America was never white! The brown people were there first!

13. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Spot on. I'm forever shocked and amazed that a man in his position is sharing whatever comes to his head with the rest of the world. I'm sure most men and women in such a position might hold terrible views in private but their views are usually not in display for all to see.

14. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

I find it hard to disagree with what he said:

"So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all),"

as the majority of them came from the USA. If anyone knows how inept and corrupt the government is, it is him.

chelsea2, Grandsire, cissy3 and 3 others like this.
  15. florian gassmann

I guess so, but am fascinated by the way that even those who think, like me, that Brexit is a bad thing show no interest in news from Europe but instead hang on every daft word tweeted by the American loon. It seems to confirm the view that many in the UK prefer to look west to the USA rather than east to Europe.

hope4thefuture likes this.
  16. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I'm not so sure it is close to zero. Plenty of support for him on social media which is worrying.

EmanuelShadrack and cissy3 like this.
  17. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Established commenter

Simpler, it's a question of language and power. US media saturates the English-speaking world. Even as someone interested in British politics I probably know more about they day-to-day workings of the White House than number 10.

MAGAorMIGA likes this.
  18. florian gassmann

Yes, but only because people show an interest in it.

19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

First off... what an utterly stupid and pathetic thing for Trump to tweet.

Yeah same here. I've spent many years watching US dramas centred on their political structures, back to The West Wing. As a result I feel like I understand their system on about the same level as ours.

But I have yet to watch a drama set inside the EU ... or even a similar drama for the UK system. I guess The Crown has given me a greater appreciation for the conflicting pressures on the monarchy.

Oscillatingass likes this.
  20. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Being an assorted loon doesn't make me a fan of Trump.

les25paul and Oscillatingass like this.