1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trump taken to hospital.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nomad, Oct 2, 2020.

1. nomad

nomad Star commenter

2. DrLinus

DrLinus Lead commenter

Let us hope it is precautionary, that he, his wife, their children & grandchildren are in good shape.

Kandahar and wayside34 like this.
  3. hankay

hankay Occasional commenter

In the same way BoJo was submitted to Intensive Care, despite never needing a respirator.

"Precautionary measure" sums it up nicely, but it makes for good click-bait.

Newidentity and monicabilongame like this.
  4. Spoofer4114

Spoofer4114 Lead commenter

I see BLM have started warming up just in case the worst should happen and their services are called upon.

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2020
    colacao17 likes this.
  5. vannie

vannie Star commenter

That's groovy. I'm requesting that.

nomad likes this.
  6. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Personally, I think it is all a stage-managed set up.

7. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

His symptoms may have worsened overnight.

The trouble is he, and many of those around him, have distorted the truth about so many things that people are inclined to be sceptical. Boy who cried wolf scenario.

8. hankay

hankay Occasional commenter

Absolutely.

It's even proposed that Melania testing positive is also stage-managed. When do they ever spend time together outside of public appearances? It's always been known that she's living in NYC while Trump is in Washington. Their body language when together is very stoic. I think their "relationship" is entirely for appearances - there is no way that they share a bed.

So what better way to show unity between POTUS and FLOTUS than to have them both test positive and both go through this hardship together!

9. colacao17

colacao17 Lead commenter

I was inclined to believe that, and still am, but then this

Eric Trump @EricTrump
    35min
    @RealDonaldTrump is a true warrior. He will fight through this with the same strength and conviction that he uses to fight for America each and every day. I ask you to join me in praying for his recovery. I have never been more proud of someone and what they have had to endure.

nomad and red_observer like this.
  10. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Unlike you to opt for the conspiracy theory...?

Kandahar likes this.
  11. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

She left New York in 2017. She lives either in the White House or allegedly with her son & parents in Potomac.

12. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

I'm sure our conspiracy theorist in residence will be along shortly to put us all straight.

nomad likes this.
  13. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Certainly very plausible.

JL48 and nomad like this.
  14. colacao17

colacao17 Lead commenter

He'll announce he's been cured by some 'wonder drug' and and Ivanka will get rich(er) as the share price of the "developer" rockets.

Newidentity and nomad like this.
  15. nomad

nomad Star commenter

:D

16. moscowbore

moscowbore Star commenter

Me too.

JL48 likes this.
  17. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Star commenter

It didn't help Boris despite what conspiracy theorists think

yougov.JPG

Carole Caldwallr.JPG

Kandahar likes this.
  18. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Despite Trump's age, clinical obesity and maleness (all of which increase his risk), statistically he's got something like a 96% chance of pulling clear of this and remaining in good health.

So hopefully, it's merely precautionary.

However, given the speed at which he's been hospitalised (very early on), with reports indicating that he's still feeling quite healthy, I can't help but feel that it's being stage managed very deliberately, as well.

19. DrLinus

DrLinus Lead commenter

A contested position.

20. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

It should also be noted that the White House has a well equipped medical unit, with its own physicians and nurses, which does make the move to hospital seem a little more alarming.

The fact that he walked to the helicopter and has made a spoken statement, is still tweeting and no temporary handover of power having been made, suggests that he's well for now. Obviously, long may this be the case.

But given this, it does seem more stage management.