1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trump opening America in a few weeks

Discussion in 'Personal' started by moscowbore, Mar 24, 2020.

1. moscowbore

moscowbore Lead commenter

Sally006 likes this.
  2. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

No. Its campaigning. Although he appears to be showing some mental deterioration.
    (You shouldn't call him trumpy, it comes across like you're a child posting)

emerald52 and Laphroig like this.
  3. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

The whole Coronavirus pandemic may end up with Trump becoming an irrelevance as the States ignore him - and so the Federal Government. Could this start a movement towards the break up of the Union?

emerald52 likes this.
  4. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Trumps losing it

vannie, Sally006, Norsemaid and 2 others like this.
  5. burajda

burajda Star commenter

He's looking forward to packed churches over Easter too.

6. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Lead commenter

It's not funny anymore is it. Real people and their lives are at stake and he really isn't getting it at all. I'm concerned he won't sign off the package of measures just because he doesn't feel like it .
    But will this have any effect on his popularity amoungst his faithful ? I very much doubt it.

7. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

Trump has only one objective, to get himself re-elected. He doesn't care about anyone else.

8. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Lead commenter

No he doesn't care at all , you can hear the desperation of the New York Mayor and Trump isn't getting it . Wouldn't want to be in America right now .
    The WHO( I think it is WHO) have said that America could be the next hotspot if it doesn't get a grip. I just imagine Trump saying fake news . And more worryingly people believing him !

ms honey, Laphroig, chelsea2 and 2 others like this.
  9. BreakEven

BreakEven New commenter

I can see him saying this but then delaying it and supplying a *new* reason why it's delayed... suppose we will have to see though.

10. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Can we refuse to have any American passengers land in this country? They will certainly end up being a high risk.

11. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

His rating is up 5%.

12. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

13. moscowbore

moscowbore Lead commenter

Wait till the bodies start to pile up. Wait till the headlines about hospitals swamped by sick people and deaths due to lack of funding and respirators start to appear. I fully expect trumpy to announce an end to lockdown and to anounce that the tide will not come in that day

Aquamarina1234 and ms honey like this.
  14. Morninglover

Trump will be hit by hubris, I think.

London and Madrid are now facing WORSE coronavirus outbreaks than Italy's worst-hit region of Lombardy with deaths doubling every TWO days - but New York's mortality rate is outpacing them all - as global fatalities hit 18,574

[​IMG]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ace-worse-coronavirus-outbreaks-Lombardy.html

15. red_observer

Are some Americans thicker than thick starting with the POTUS?

16. peakster

peakster Star commenter

However many Americans die he won't care - he just wants his re-election campaign and business empire restarted.

17. red_observer

Correct

Sally006 likes this.
  18. Morninglover

Did older people tend to vote for Trump last time? His policies may literally be killing his re-election chances!

Sally006 likes this.
  19. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

He is like the central character in some kind of dystopian sci-fi story.
    I also think he is mentally unstable

Sally006, ms honey, vannie and 4 others like this.
  20. red_observer

But people will vote for him again!

Sally006 and coffeekid like this.