1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trout pout, anyone?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BertieBassett2, Sep 22, 2019.

1. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Lead commenter

I am amazed at the number of women who seem to favour this look. At the airport there was a group of young girls checking in who had all obviously had this procedure and I thought they looked hideous. It used to be the preserve of so-called celebrities, who I suppose could get away with it. Am I missing something?
    [​IMG]

2. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I thought it was now only the preserve of "adult" movie starlets .... er not that I look.... I mean allegedly .... just a bit of hearsay.

towncryer, nizebaby, lanokia and 2 others like this.
  3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Combined with the Balancing Slug eyebrows, it's hideous. My younger son finds The SuperSize Gob most unattractive and it's seriously shrunk the pool of available ladies.
    [​IMG]

BertieBassett2 likes this.
  4. RepelloInimicum

RepelloInimicum Lead commenter

Good grief! Even an actual trout would find that repulsive.

5. BertieBassett2

6. BertieBassett2

[​IMG]
    It looks better on the trout.

7. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Man, it was only when I saw this picture it made me realise how many women do indeed have this look.

I thought this was either a pic of at least 5 of my colleagues, Katie Price or the rather seductive young girl who lives next door to me.

At this rate soon you will only get noticed if you have not had it done.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

The girls in my year 9 class seem to have done something to their eyebrows. They tell me they are ''on point''...

One of my year 10 class was creasoted to the max... this appears to have been deliberate and not an accident from fence maintenance.

I'm sure the boys are doing weird things too so it isn't a gender thing.

I do not understand. This is good, it is how it should be.

9. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

The lips and eyebrow thing is weird, isn't it? Also, sludge brown and tan contouring. Yuck. Fads pass though - what'll be next? In the nineties, when I was at college, the girls plucked their eyebrows away to nothing which looked rubbish, but it was the fashion norm.

10. BertieBassett2

Interesting @coffeekid, I thought this was a seventies thing?! I plucked mine remorselessly in 1973 and they never grew back!

11. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Yes, it was fashionable in the 70s but there was a "70s revival" in the nineties with flares etc. Fashion's cyclical.

12. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

13. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

Truly awful.

14. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Mental health issues. I mean that sincerely.

15. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Quite possibly. I found the article sad to read.

16. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

When I was on the tube yesterday there were trout pouts everywhere. I just don't understand how anyone could find that look attractive!

17. BertieBassett2

catmother and BetterNow like this.
  18. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

One of my daughters has a rare condition which was diagnosed a few years ago: orofacial granulomatosis. This can cause lip swelling. One morning she woke up to find her lips had massively swollen - like in some of the pictures on here. They went down, but she has to really watch what she eats to avoid flare ups. In some people the lips stay enlarged, so I’m just putting it out there that if you see someone with a trout pout it may not actually be an artificial construct.

19. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

If this trend continues, will cosmetic manufacturers have to start making foot-long lipsticks and handbag manufacturers have to produce suitcase sized handbags to accommodate them?

Social media seemed like a good idea when it first began, but it's worrying, now that it's turned into a monster, where youngsters compete to post the most idiotic photos of themselves.

Are art teachers to blame?

20. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

It
    It's the blow-up doll look, fashioned with a mouth as an alternative vulva vagina.