1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trouble Recruiting

Discussion in 'Science' started by BelleDuJour, Apr 28, 2012.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

When I was applying for a full time post I was rejected time and time again because I'm UPS and schools all want cheap NQTs. There are loads of good teachers out htere on supply looking for a permanent post but so many have just given up because they know they are simply too expensive.

2. Sarahcook1987

Sarahcook1987 New commenter

I'm a science NQT who graduated in 2011. I am currently working as a supply teacher. I have applied for lots of jobs but don't even get an interview

3. Got to get your head to pay for the more expensive advert

4. I recently applied for a job at a fairly ordinary school in Sheffield and they had 129 applications for a Teacher of Science job!

5. We are interviewing next week for a promoted post holder on a decent TLR - we got a reasonable amount applying - 20 but only shortlisted 4 as the standard of the applications was dire. If past experiences are anything to go by we always then send home at least 2 as the quality of teaching isn't good enough. Got my fingers crossed for next week that at least 1 of the 4 is good enough!

6. Offer a recruitment bonus

7. Go to all the local Teacher Training providers and ask if they have trainees without jobs Even then also offer places on placements to them all and I imagine you can then get local trainees who, when they work in the school, will be happy to apply for jobs there!