1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trouble logging in

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JoJo37, Jun 11, 2011.

1. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me?
    I got a new laptop for my birthday to replace my ancient, slow laptop.
    I'm on said ancient, slow laptop now as I can't log onto Tes on my new laptop.
    Anyone got any ideas why this would be so?
    Thanks.

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

yes!

make sure the clock on the new laptop is set to UK time and GMT (summer time) as it disagrees with the tes servers when you use IE and wont let you log on.

I had this problem when the clocks went forward this year.

3. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Thanks Elfie I'll give that a go later. Am on old lappy at the moment as it has smartnotebook on it and I'm preparing stuff for school next week.
    Got to get everything on new lappy up and runing so I can use it properly.

4. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

tell me about it! I'm still adding stuff to my new one a week after I got it!

5. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Hi Elfie I've tried that, my clock is set to the right time, any other ideas?

6. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Am on new lappy! Hooray!
    It's let me log in. Don't really understand it. I checked the time and zone were right. Clicked daylight saving which put me forward an hour so I changed back again and hey presto I've logged on. Never will understand computers!
    Thanks for your help, I'm off to tackle the washing and the ironing now, will check back later to see if I can still log on or if this is a fluke!