1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Troub le logging in on Firefox

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, Feb 25, 2012.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

Has anyone else been having trouble today?

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Has anyone else been having trouble today?

3. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

I did, but rebooted and all was well

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

No...I'm on firefox too but no problems here.

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I had a problem with IE, but it's okay now.

6. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

I'm having intermittent problems today with Safari.

7. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

I did a few weeks ago, but the following day all was well. And the next day my monitor would randomly shut off. When I turned it on again it would work, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for a day.
    As the computer is farly old and can be opened up to seek a fault, and the monitor new and can't, I thought I'd take a look inside the computer.
    It was absolutely covered in **** it had collected out of the air. I hoovered away as much as I could, but the heatsink on the processor was packed thick with it and wouldn't budge. I took it off with the processor attached and brushed out the offending matter, however with a combination of poor eyesight and a lame hand, I managed to bend the pins on the processor such that they would never be fixed.
    A friend loaned me a computer that I am using as I type. It has IE and I don't want to download other programs as it isn't mine, but it's a more powerful computer than mine is and copes with IE ok.
    On a service repair job my friend asked me to do as a favour, we stopped by the shop I bought the computer from. The processor hasn't been used for a long time, but they had a look through the junk and found the last one and were kind enough to fit it for me, along with a new heatsink and fan.
    "How much?" I asked, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that a tenner for the coffee fund would cover it.
    Back at my friend's place I fired it up, and lo and behold it worked. "Great," said my friend, "Now give it a good clean out with the airline and remove all the **** you've missed with the hoover."
    I ought to have worn a mask with the amount of **** that came out of the power supply.
    "Brilliant," I thought. "It will see me out now." but when I got it home and plugged it in, it was as dead as a Dodo. Nothing, not even the power light. But we'll get there...

8. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Yes - on Chrome

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Yes - on IE. Was very confused because I could see that other people were posting. [​IMG]
    Thought I might have been barred! [​IMG]