1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Troll reviewers

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by krisgreg30, Sep 4, 2017.

1. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Is it just me that is getting sick of what appear to be troll reviewers?
    I get free resources that have a number of five star reviews and then somebody will post a one star without a comment and refuse to enter dialogue when you ask what is wrong with it. I report it and they get removed but it's an annoying waste of time for a review that seems like it's been done just to cause trouble.

Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Mrsmumbles, Krazikas and mrajlong like this.
  2. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

Thankfully no I haven't. That really isn't nice and as you say, a total waste of your time trying to contact the reviewer or TES to get it removed. I just hope TES make a record of people who do this to see if it is the same person who is trolling TES authors.

3. davlae

davlae New commenter

I wonder if people do this by mistake. They click on 'review' and if the don't choose a number of stars - one is the default. They then must be clicking on something down the bottom to send the review. Make five stars the default!

4. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Something I've just seen on the Facebook group suggests that it may also have something to do with this as apparently they have made slight alterations to the review system so may have pressed it by mistake and it automatically saves. Either way it's annoying.

joannammarsh likes this.
  5. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

I had one today for a free resource - 2 stars - with a comment "It was OK". Reported it, cos it p'd me off and was hovering over the delete resource button (but didn't in the end). How can these "people" expect people to put things on here for free when such ingratitude is shown. I just read the other reviews and decided to ignore the t w onk

Mrsmumbles, Alice K, Carlav and 4 others like this.
  6. davlae

davlae New commenter

1. Have you tried writing a review on the screen where you download it? I can't get it to work. Won't people return to this screen and then think, "Oh - I'll leave a review while I'm here." - only to find out that they can't.

2. I have looked at leaving reviews via the 'my downloads' page. If you click on the stars, it takes you to the review screen and if you then press the 'back' button to quit - an anonymous review seems to be left.

I think that the way reviews are left need tightening up a bit!

CurriculumForAutism likes this.
  7. The_English_Tutor

The_English_Tutor New commenter

It would be good if the ethos of leaving reviews was more highly regarded, it benefits sellers and buyers equally...@TES surely there could be more follow up on downloaded resources??

8. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

It would also be good if there was a way people could click on reviews that have actually been helpful so that goes to the top and not just the most recent one.
    @mrajlong I really laughed at your reply to the review for your free Division with remainder resource! ;)

mrajlong likes this.
  9. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

I couldn't stop myself!

10. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

What Facebook group is that ?

11. jemmadaniels

jemmadaniels New commenter Staff Member

Hi @iGCSE101, the Facebook group was set up by authors, for authors and is a destination for sharing tips, ideas and support with fellow members of Tes. Some of the team here are also in the group so they can monitor for any issues with the site. You will need to request access from one of the author admins, here is the link - https://www.facebook.com/groups/TESAuthors

Many thanks,
    Jemma

iGCSE101 likes this.
  12. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

Great thanks - I am going to check this out!

13. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

ohh it turns out I cant add my iGCSE101 page only my personal FB page. Oh well.....