1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TRL

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by fazzy, Oct 13, 2015.

1. fazzy

fazzy New commenter

I am currently on M3 - Would I be eligible for TRL if I have been responsible in leading a course last year which has now developed further this academic year? I am responsible for all delivery of KS4&5 teaching as well as carrying out placement observations on students. Assessing students has resulted in me taking a dual-role which is not what I was employed for in the school. This has added extra responsibility on my role.

2. purplecarrot

purplecarrot Senior commenter

See other posts on TLRs. A TLR is a role in a staffing structure, not just a payment for doing extra work.
    The other thing is that many teachers do more Than the letter of the job description. That alone doesn't equal a TLR.

You could make a case for the post to be created but the school (if like mine) may be happy with you doing the work but not paying for it.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Here is one, for example.

TLR?

Best wishes