1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trivial things that annoy you

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Reecedouglas1, Apr 25, 2019.

1. ictbev

ictbev New commenter

Humming! I hate it, it makes me irrationally angry and my hubby hums during the supermarket shop.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

People saying ...
    Thish year / lass year / necks year / this wee kend/ this mumf / lass mumf /axe instead of ask ...

4. onmyknees

onmyknees Established commenter

Wind chimes

5. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I'd thought of something for this thread and now I've forgotten it. It's really annoying...

6. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Men in low slung trousers so half their underwear is on display. It makes their bodies look too long and their legs too short. I'm always reminded of weasels up on their back legs.

7. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

The "I've just filled my pants" look. Not very becoming.

8. Lazycat

Lazycat Established commenter

My friend has a really irritating habit of pointing out that I have a stain on my t shirt, ladder in my tights or spot on my chin. That annoys the hell out of me

9. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

When I walk up the carpeted stairs in my house you honestly can’t hear a sound (except the odd knee creak). My kids thunder up like elephants. I don’t even understand HOW they can make that much noise, let alone why. Another reason why I want a bungalow.

10. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Occasional commenter

The sight of anyone using chewing-gum.

I used to enjoy watching coverage of Poker on the TV, but if any player is chewing, especially if their lower jaw swings from side to side in the process, I switch channels IMMEDIATELY!

11. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Occasional commenter

Also, listening to anyone who carries on eating while making a phone call. Can't turn the phone off fast enough!

12. Over_the_hill

Another thing that annoys me is when my children write in shorthand and I have to work out what they mean. This is what I sent to my eldest yesterday, and the reply.
    06F58751-9824-4D37-842E-A6BC9F85C126.jpeg

13. Flowersinspring

Flowersinspring Senior commenter

Hearing people eat. Grounds for divorce here. Misophonia:(.

14. Jamvic

Jamvic Senior commenter

At least you got a reply, a nice polite one too.

1 person likes this.
  15. Over_the_hill

I suppose!

Jamvic likes this.
  16. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Predictive text. I spell things correctly on my phone and tablet and then find that predictive text has changed things to absolute nonsense. Why does it thinks that 'Gerry is calling in this afternoon' makes more sense as 'Gerrymandering is ....'?

nizebaby likes this.
  17. onmyknees

onmyknees Established commenter

Yep and people who phone me when they are cooking the dinner/ emptying the dishwasher etc. All the clattering down the phone does my head in. I usually terminate the phone call fairly instantly, by saying, “ You sound really busy, so I’ll let you get on.”

1 person likes this.
  18. Bonnie23

Bonnie23 Occasional commenter

Spitters. I hate them. If you need to spit do it into a tissue or a toilet or something.

19. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

Especially those 'gobbers' who honk up loudly before they spit.

Those who eat cheese and onion crisps in a enclosed space.

Bonnie23 likes this.