1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trivial things that annoy you

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Reecedouglas1, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Reecedouglas1

Reecedouglas1 New commenter

Can be anything

I will start

Buses being late
    Mushrooms being on a Hawaiian pizza from dominoes

2. Teslasmate

Teslasmate Occasional commenter

Anyone playing music through speakers in public, however quietly.
    I don't want to listen to your noise, buy headphones you inconsiderate %&$£.

3. borges33

borges33 New commenter

Not indicating at roundabouts.
    Tetra-Pak.
    People leaving a tiny bit of food on their plate.
    Scam emails/phone calls

4. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Anywhere or anyone that is perfumed.
    People who lie.

monicabilongame and borges33 like this.
  5. CheeseMongler

CheeseMongler Senior commenter

I don't understand this one. You dislike cuboids?

6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

People who take up more space than they should in exercise classes.

I was walking along a street last week, where a young man was washing his car. He also had music? playing at an ear watering level. There were several extension leads plugged in along the street, to enable the playing of the noise. I was sooooo tempted to suddenly unplug them.

agathamorse and sodalime like this.
  7. borges33

borges33 New commenter

No. The company. It's a trivial thing.

agathamorse likes this.
  8. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Your threads:confused:

9. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Train station.

10. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Occasional commenter

Some people's totally unnecessary/inappropriate use of the word "So..." when starting a statement;

the sound of something that my wife has left in the pocket of the passenger door which sliiiiiiides back and forth when I drive round bends - just too far out of reach for me to pull it out safely;

supermarket assistants who run away as soon as they have rectified a fault at the self-checkout, totally oblivious to the fact that the fault might instantly recur;

when Classic FM plays 2 or 3 pieces without naming them until they are all done, so that you have to wait ages to hear the name of the one you want;

TV programmes like "The Bailiffs are Coming", or even "Rip-Off Britain" that keep flicking from one issue to another then back again, instead of dealing with them one at a time in their entirety;

the Offside rule in soccer - SCRAP IT! It can't be applied correctly (as we see week in week out), causing huge amounts of grievance among fans who feel that their team has been hard done by - remember that promotion/relegation could hinge on it - owing to human error;

I'm sure there's more.

11. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Occasional commenter

Yes, there is …. the assumption of TV programme producers that watching people buying a house is 'entertainment'.

12. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Can you only like it once? He really doesn't get it.

13. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Nothing wrong with the original tetra-paks, in my book.

Then some idiot at Covent Garden Soup decides to put a plastic screwtop on it, for "ease of opening" (and additional needless plastic waste). Grrr... that irks me most vigorously. I've pretty much stopped buying them as a result.

14. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

No trivial things annoy me whatsoever.
    This is because I have spent a life time saving up my trivial annoyances to make one large annoyance at poverty.

15. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Cuboids have had it too good for too long. Sitting there with their smooth surfaces and their sharp edges. Who do they think they are eh? They make my blood boil.

16. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The fact that those quoting my posts positively do not add a like as well. Those who quote my posts negatively can take a hike.

TCSC47, bevdex, agathamorse and 2 others like this.
  17. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

And straight, parallel, paired lines. They're like Maleficent looking down her nose at the guttersnipe she married.

18. theworm123

theworm123 Lead commenter

You can have a like, it’s on the house ;)

agathamorse and racroesus like this.
  19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]

agathamorse likes this.
  20. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Are her leggings suitable for the temperatures?

primarycat likes this.