1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trips and Extra-curricular activities around London

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by patros, Sep 2, 2011.

1. I was wondering whether anybody had some ideas regarding interesting and enriching language-related trips in central London. I can only think of theatre productions, visit to King's College's Language Faculty and a guided tour around London in the foreign Language.
    Maybe someone has some additional ideas?

2. I was wondering whether anybody had some ideas regarding interesting and enriching language-related trips in central London. I can only think of theatre productions, visit to King's College's Language Faculty and a guided tour around London in the foreign Language.
    Maybe someone has some additional ideas?

3. Just outside of London is the Europa centre:

http://www.haveringlanguages.com/#/europa-centre/4542098363

It might look a bit dated but I had a training session there and the guy who runs it is AMAZING. They pretend they are in tje country and the activities are targeted totally at the level (they do from primary to A Level). They have a "street" which has all shops in the language and I think well worth it, even if not central London.

Also worth checking Instituto Cervantes (Spanish) and Alliiance Francais (French). They may not have something directly but staff are VERY helpful and would no doubt have ideas!

Good luck

4. funambule

funambule New commenter

The Institut Francais has a full programme of events and films.