1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trip to Rome - help please!

Discussion in 'History' started by ruthcatz, May 5, 2012.

1. I am taking 30 pupils to Rome this summer with NST. I did not originally organise the visit (have taken over from someone who will be having a baby then) and have never been to Rome. Has anyone done this and got any advice/guidance to share?
    What things do I need to consider for my risk assessment?

2. I am taking 30 pupils to Rome this summer with NST. I did not originally organise the visit (have taken over from someone who will be having a baby then) and have never been to Rome. Has anyone done this and got any advice/guidance to share?
    What things do I need to consider for my risk assessment?

3. MarkJH

MarkJH New commenter

You're not staying in the Lazio Hotel near the Termini station are you? I went there with my wife's Classics group last year. It was an absolute dump and we got a refund after we came back. NST claimed that they wouldn't use it again. Luckily we ate at the Termini station buffet, which is very good. We ended up walking a lot but we did use the bus and underground to get to e.g. the Vatican which is a long way from the Termini area , where most school groups stay. The underground is pretty straightforward to use but you have to buy tickets in advance from the newsagent's in the Termini. The main bus station is next to the Termini. As I say, we walked a lot and didn't find the traffic as hazardous as I remembered from a trip 10 years ago.
    Best places: Vatican Museum, Colliseum, Spanish Steps, Piazza Nevona, Pantheon, Villa Borghese
    Get a good map of Rome! If you're going to the Vatican Museum book up online in advance of the trip.
    To be fair the NST Rep. in Rome, Norman, was excellent and extremely helpful.