1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trip to Malaga

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by hola33, Jan 7, 2011.

1. hola33

hola33 New commenter

Hi Everyone,
    I'm in the process of organising a trip to Malaga for year 9 through to year 11. I'm currently making final adjustments to Itinerary for the trip. I'm hoping that we will be able to have a day trip to Granada to visit the Alhambra. I just wondered if anyone had done this before and if they had managaed to get free entrance tickets for the students. I have applied for free tickets but the instructions are not the clearest on the website and I'm worried it may be a non-started. I have budgeted enough to pay for entrance but obviously if we can get the kids in free, it means we have money to do extra activities.
    We will be based in Torremolinos. This will mean that we will be able to use the beach in the evening for ball games etc. I also plan to have a morning in Malaga. Would anyone in the know recommend the Picasso Museum for a visit? I also would be grateful if anyone had any quizes etc on Malaga or even a suggested route for a walk around the city that would be suitable for 40 students (ie: not near to busy roads etc). Any other info on (cheap) places to visit in and around Torremolinos would be really appreciated.
    Many Thanks

2. I've taken KS3 students to Malaga for the last 3 years, with a company. I don't take them to the Picasso Museum, but to the Contemporary Arts Museum. The people are lovely, and there are different, often interactive, exhibitions there. You can arrange for a talk in Spanish about some of the instalations, at the level of Spanish of your students, and not expensive. wlakable from centre of town.
    For free, you could also visit the main fruit, veg, fish and meat market - always a popular event!
    The Alcazabar is a definite - hot, but great views. You can either walk up or get lift up and walk down.
    I also take them to Granada for the day, and fax request through about 3 times before I get a reply.

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I seem to remember from my last trip to Granada ( 12 years ago approx) that the Alhambra has free entry for anyone and everyone one day per week. Can anyone else confirm if this is still the case?

4. Yes, it is free for school parties, but you need to book well in advance.