1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trip T-Shirts

Discussion in 'School trips' started by sian.m.turner, Jul 10, 2016.

1. sian.m.turner

sian.m.turner New commenter

Looking at taking my class on a residential and thought it might be fun to build in a printed t-shirt into the cost of the trip but would only want it to cost a few pounds. Has anyone had t-shirts printed? If so, how much did they cost and where did you get them from?

Sorry if this is on the wrong board, I couldn't find one that fit the bill!

x

2. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

I've not had T-shirts done, but hoodies. I've used SuperLogo and more recently HoodyWorld. Print quality and customer service are excellent with both; I found HoodyWorld to be slightly more cost effective for my needs.

3. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Don't think of it just as "fun", Siân.

When you are travelling, it makes it much easier to pick out your charges if they are wearing identical t-shirts.

4. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Local supplier is usually best - you can go and talk with them, check samples and so on. Might be more likely to negotiate on price too.
    And a "uniform" is ever so helpful - not only for you spotting mislaid pupils, but for the mislaid ones to spot the remainder.

5. RichardPThomas_

RichardPThomas_ New commenter

I can see this as a benefit in some ways, but I would avoid names on hoodies. Personally I think it's a waste of money.

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Our D&T dept did some for us. Plain white Ts at £2 each and then they put the design onto them.

Another guy I know made some a few years back. He cut out a stencil from thin aluminium plate and then used car spray paint on plain T shirts. They looked very professional and washing didn't fade the print.

7. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Or you can get them off the shelf
    [​IMG]

8. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

I would definitely not put names on any item of clothing except perhaps sports shirts. Child protection and all that.

9. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

We just went with coloured t-shirts (nothing printed as we'll reuse); it made it so much easier in the airport and going through arrivals in a different country.