1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

trip abroad

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by nuttywoman, Jan 16, 2018.

  1. nuttywoman

    nuttywoman New commenter

    Just wondered if anyone had organised a trip abroad independently of the school travel companies and if so which insurers did you use and do you have any tips? Many thanks
  2. veverett

    veverett Occasional commenter

    If you are an LEA school, then you are probably insured by the LEA, with a very good policy too. If you are an academy, they will have insurance for trips which can be extended for international. Or they can get another insurance policy just for international but probably worthwhile if they do it for not just your one off trip. Your finance department or educational visits person would probably rather they did this. Unless you are in a very small school?
    nuttywoman likes this.
  3. nuttywoman

    nuttywoman New commenter

    thank you. We are in the process of transition and will be an academy when we are planning to go - I will talk to our finance department.
  4. veverett

    veverett Occasional commenter

    Yes - it's the sort of thing it's good to think ahead about, as possibly they haven't considered all the implications of leaving the LEA in detail. Maybe have a transition period or a second referendum?
  5. Geoff Thomas

    Geoff Thomas Star commenter

    If you don't mind my asking, @nuttywoman , why do you not want to use a school travel company?

Share This Page