1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tried and tested snoring remedies

Discussion in 'Personal' started by egyptgirl, Jan 12, 2011.

1. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Does anybody have any tried and tested snoring remedies? My fiance has started snoring again (with a vengeance!) and I need my sleep back again. We've tried the breathe right strips - but these just make him worse! Any suggestions?

2. egyptgirl

Does anybody have any tried and tested snoring remedies? My fiance has started snoring again (with a vengeance!) and I need my sleep back again. We've tried the breathe right strips - but these just make him worse! Any suggestions?

3. I had over 30 years of snoring husband - nothing worked..... sleep deprivation, bad temper etc....finally gave up and moved into the spare room. Bliss - lots of lovely sleep now.
    Drastic I know but I was close to smothering him.

4. I often imagine the number of woman (it does seem to be mostly women) who are wandering into the spare room each night whilst their partners snore contentedly in the big, cosy, double bed.
    Don't feel sorry for me! The spare (my) room is a haven of tranquillity, big, cosy double bed, decent reading lamp and piles of books. It my favourite room in the house.

5. :) cosmos (I can't do smiley faces on Google Chrome)

6. In our area there aren't any sleep clinics nearby, so my husband had to go to the hospital and they gave him a machine to use at home overnight for 2 nights. He had to put the sticky things on his chest and hook himself up to it with wires attached all over. He wore it for 2 nights and brought it back to the hospital who looked at the data and said that he was stoping breathing up to 60 times in one hour, over and over again during the night. That is why he has ended up with a machine to help him breathe properly during the night and he hasn't snored once since the first night he got it. It is bliss!

7. I feel the need to mention that not all of us snorers will be dead in the morning.
    Even animals snore.

8. egyptgirl

I know that it is not Mr. Egypt's fault. I am just trying to find a solution!