1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tricky situation

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cakeycake, Jan 10, 2012.

1. cakeycake

cakeycake New commenter

Hi
    I teach a KS1 class and today I was told by one of the boys that he felt like he had hit his head but he hadn't. I took this to mean that he had a bit of a headache so I told him to have a drink of water and as it was nearly the end of the day he'd be going home soon so he'd be fine. I then had a phone call from his grandma asking what had happened. I told her what he had told me. She seemed fine with it but was wondering whether to take him to A&E just to check him out because he was pale. I'm now panicing that I should have done more! What do you think?
    Thanks, K

2. cakeycake

cakeycake New commenter

Hi
    I teach a KS1 class and today I was told by one of the boys that he felt like he had hit his head but he hadn't. I took this to mean that he had a bit of a headache so I told him to have a drink of water and as it was nearly the end of the day he'd be going home soon so he'd be fine. I then had a phone call from his grandma asking what had happened. I told her what he had told me. She seemed fine with it but was wondering whether to take him to A&E just to check him out because he was pale. I'm now panicing that I should have done more! What do you think?
    Thanks, K

3. cakeycake

cakeycake New commenter

Thanks for the replies.
    I spoke to the child's mother this morning and he had been to A&E because he was sick 4 times! She was very nice about it. I had explained what I was told and she thanked me for what I had done anyway!
    Seems I panic about things too much!
    K