1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Tricky interview questions - advice please

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ellie_rose, May 22, 2011.

1. ellie_rose

ellie_rose New commenter

Hello,

I am a Primary NQT job hunting at the moment. I have an interview next week and am preparing some answers to questions they might ask me.

I've had one other interview but didn't get the job. Most of the questions they asked me were fine, but the questions I got stick on were:

1) When you walk into a school, what do you look for?
    2) What would you do if a child didn't do their homework? And if they still didn't after all the things you tried?

Does anyone have any suggestions about what they might be looking for with these questions? For the first one, do I say the practical things I look for (like good ICT resources etc.) or concentrate on other things like a good caring ethos and happy children?

Thanks for any advice!

2. ellie_rose

ellie_rose New commenter

Oops, typo - I meant 'stuck on' not 'stick on!'. Apologies

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, no, not a good idea to get help on answers!
    The answers should be your own. Besides, if someone posts on here some Perfect answer, and several people see it and go along for the same job and all give the identical Perfect answer . . .
    Go to the Welcome thread and open the Interview clickables to get advice on interview preparation.
    But there won't be any answers to questions!
    Best of luck to you.
    I look forward to you starting a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!