1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trevor Phillips attacks political correctness for failing to tackle Muslim child sex gangs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by delmamerchant, Aug 11, 2017.

1. delmamerchant

delmamerchant Established commenter

So what is your point in relation to what Trevor Philips has said in response to these recent caseso_O

2. delmamerchant

No one has stated that these Muslim men represent all Muslims - surely that is obvious, is it not? Why would you think people did.

LunaBlue123 likes this.
  3. delmamerchant

I think that your point re thinking about the victims is valid as far too few are doing that. I was hoping that most hear would speak to support the victims. Your voice is important.

4. delmamerchant

Please do not insult my post with these comparisons in an attempt to not face the issue. give these young women some respect! Your type of comment is one of the reason why these young women were left to suffer.

5. delmamerchant

Again! WTH! so how does this relate to Trevor Phillips Comments? How does this relate to a group of muslim men targeting young, vulnerable white women?

6. delmamerchant

Thank you so much!

peter12171 and Laphroig like this.
  7. delmamerchant

sorry, here not hear

8. delmamerchant

Seriously: I think your attempt at being ridiculous is very successful. They are all Muslim men: whether they prayed etc or the contents of your post is not relevant. Please put more of your energy into sparing a thought for the young women rather than what you have typed. Doing so, is not being negative towards the religion perse, just acknowledging that there are perhaps issues where some from the religion feel that unless you are dressed modestly, behave in a certain modest way, then you can be abused. I think if we think about it like this, then we can support those whom find it challenging to respect the dress and behaviour of white women in western society.

9. delmamerchant

It really is not just about some Pakistani men. In this recent case there were Muslim men from different countries or ethnic backgrounds.

10. delmamerchant

it was only through watching and targeting that they would have known that the girls were vulnerable. They clearly had a type in mind. There are vulnerable girls in all cultures of all colours not only white girls.

Yes, sexual abuse does go but surely you realise that what is different here, is that these were organised groups of people.

Laphroig likes this.
  11. delmamerchant

Alas, one of the few voices whom seem to actually consider the awful plight of these young women.

12. delmamerchant

:(

13. delmamerchant

Where does hate come into this? Just because TP has stated a rather obvious fact, it does not make him Islamaphobic. I think the problem here is that I asked for views on what TP said and many of you have responded quite defensively or evasively rather than stating your opinion or it feels like that anyway.

14. delmamerchant

No one is denying what happened in the church, simply asking you to acknowledge what has gone on in these awful gangs.

Laphroig likes this.
  15. delmamerchant

Here here.

16. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Don't be sad.

Jesus wants you for a sunbeam.

17. delmamerchant

18. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Racs asked a question, I replied.

I have every sympathy for those girls, wish them good health, long and successful lives..

However, they will need something more tangible than my thoughts or wishes to improve their lives in real terms - counselling, health care, homes, friends and family who care for them, external support, advocacy, education.

It's for the CPS and Police to make the case- TP has his opinion and that is his right. My opinion is that we have to follow the law, and the CPS as well as Police have to argue present their arguments in court where it can be decided one way or the other.

What's wrong with letting the lawyers argue their points?

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  19. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

The refs to Mo from another poster....

20. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Sadly the thread you started did not in the context of its content refer to Operation Sanctuary but to another linked operation.

As I pointed out earlier, this probably was not your fault but more likely was the result of poor reporting in much of the national media (as opposed to the local media)
    A few got it right.