1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trevor Phillips attacks political correctness for failing to tackle Muslim child sex gangs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by delmamerchant, Aug 11, 2017.

1. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Possible/ Likely.

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

No, it was in response to somebody saying that it must be a Muslim thing because the Prophet Mohammed had a wife who may |(or may not) have been very young. They are just historical examples to show that this was not a solely Muslim custom at that time and for some time after. Not a justification.

3. zizzyballoon

zizzyballoon Star commenter

Just a red herring.

Scintillant likes this.
  4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Or a rambling conversation.

Scintillant likes this.
  5. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

Yes, I think you are right. Muslims learn the Koran (or parts of it) by heart. I suspect that they take some of it's teachings literally.

6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Right so the justification given by sickos is that some dead desert warlord did it and people on here thought 'hey lets pile on some more fuel to that fire'.

It's sickening. I get there is now a trend in society to tolerate everything and nothing is out of bounds. Thank god I'm not onboard with that trend.

wanet and Laphroig like this.
  7. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Not like that at all, in fact the opposite. As far as I was concerned I was making the point that it was equally irrelevant.

8. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I don't think that's a fair reflection of what's actually been posted.
    One poster claimed Muslims were more likely to be involved in child abuse because they could use Mohammed's personal circumstances as justification. The further discussion was in objection to the idea. Nobody has condoned or justified child sex gangs that I can see.

9. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I've looked carefully at every post on this thread and I cannot see one (or any combination of posts) that indicates that the trend you refer to is present on here or that anyone is "onboard" with it

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

So people are just innocently posting stuff saying ''oh in 14th century Europe they got married at 6'' on a thread about children being raped in modern Britain... and you guys think ''nothing suspicious there''.

Gobsmacked...

Laphroig likes this.
  11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Yeah you didn't call it out at all right back on page 1... :rolleyes:

12. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

As some Christians do with the Bible.

13. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

There's lots suspicious here but I still don't think the historical references are being used to condone modern child abuse.

InkyP likes this.
  14. slingshotsally

1. Child abuse is wrong no matter who does it and NOBODY has condoned this in anyway at all on this thread.
    2. @Orkrider2's post 42 quotes CEOP report which makes many pertinent points
    3. @NoseyMatronType and @grumpydogwoman also make good points re historical/research based comments
    4. Facts are important.

What point is it that you are making?

Scintillant likes this.
  15. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I'll be very surprised if you can reduce 1.8 billion people to a 'they'.

Edited to change the number because I'm drunk and my phone is stupid.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    slingshotsally likes this.
  16. slingshotsally

Didn't see them.

I've spent several days watching the minor disaster that is my life unravel in various ways- accidents, A&E, green stick fractures (both kids), calpol, endless moaning.

17. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Happy holidays. Not even close on the disasters front but the youngest is potty training and I've spent the last week trying to convince him a) not to strip all the time and b) to stop sticking his finger up his bottom.

slingshotsally likes this.
  18. schoolsout4summer

Yes, but groups of Christians don't organise themselves into grooming gangs to rape children from the sub-continent.

19. schoolsout4summer

Sorry it's The Sun, but this was in all the other papers too. People with this mindset come to our country and bring their mindsets and values with them. I suspect that it is sometimes then passed on down the generations
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4112443/pakistan-court-sentence-girl-to-be-raped/

20. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Did you read the post I made #53 about the bizarre Malawi custom of sending their daughters to be sexually initiated (raped) at an early age to "cleanse" them? Those people are Christians. Even the priest's daughter was raped in this manner.

The Malawi practice described is purely a centuries old cultural thing, unconnected to their religion, albeit their religion hasn't been able to cure them of it. It isn't a race thing either, since it isn't practised throughout Malawi.

Neither is FGM anything more than a bizarre and barbaric cultural tradition that although prevalent among certain races that happen to follow the Islamic religion, has nothing specifically to do with either their race or their religion.

InkyP and slingshotsally like this.