1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Trevor Phillips attacks political correctness for failing to tackle Muslim child sex gangs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by delmamerchant, Aug 11, 2017.

1. delmamerchant

delmamerchant Established commenter

Is it important to state this as a fact or is Phillips wrong?

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Link

Another angle here.

I have no strong views either way provided they are all put away for a long time.

3. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Established commenter

In what way are these gangs Muslim? Are they organised by Mosques? Did they pray together before carrying out the abuse? Did they claim Allah told them to do it? Or do you mean that the people involved are nominal Muslims? Because I think we can all find plenty of criminals who are nominal members of any given religion.

Calpurnia99, 576, InkyP and 1 other person like this.
  4. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

This is always the problem with the idea of a racially aggravated crime. Proving the extra layer on top of the original crime.

That their religion may have had a part to play in the underlying attitudes that resulted in their behaviour is one thing but they are still solely responsible for their actions and therefore their crimes.

5. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

I think that it MUST be a Muslim thing.
    upload_2017-8-11_21-32-14.jpeg
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw...7.7.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0.ul9ypS3tNVg

6. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

I had no idea child abuse was part of the muslim religion,

Or any religion.

chelsea2 likes this.
  7. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

There's a big difference between attending a mosque and being a Muslim.

Loads of people go to places of worship to appear to be keeping the traditions.

slingshotsally likes this.
  8. schoolsout4summer

9. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

The thing the majority of these child sex offenders have is common is that they work in the night-time economy.

thekillers and Scintillant like this.
  10. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Bingo
    I knew that would would be posted :rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

That is true. Mini cab drivers have often been involved in this type of thing. Not all obviously before anyone leaps to the defence of mini cab drivers.

12. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

13. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Romeo?

14. schoolsout4summer

Yes, that's certainly one way of referring to him, without incurring the wrath of the believers.

15. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I went to a Catholic school in the 1960s and we were told in RE lessons that the Virgin Mary was reputed to have been around 14 years old as that was the age for marrying and having children in those days. Life expectancy being so low, they apparently started families very young in order to ensure that they could see most of their children into their teen years.

thekillers, chelsea2 and calamansi like this.
  16. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I came back to add a serious comment, thinking I had perhaps been a little flippant in the face of such subject matter.
    I don't think I'll bother now.

Didactylos4 and slingshotsally like this.
  17. sadscientist

sadscientist Senior commenter

Scintillant and slingshotsally like this.
  18. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Eleanor of Castile born 1241 married to Edward l 1254 (so aged 14 at wedding). Died in Lincoln 1290. A cross was put up at each place her coffin rested on returning to London and after which Charing Cross is named (Chere Rein Croix).

Youngest queen, Mary ll married William lll at 15yrs and 188 days in 1677.

Youngest queen consort Isabella of Valois Richard ll at 6yrs and 358days old in 1396.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_monarchy_records

19. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

20. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Fascinating stuff, but not really relevant to the situation in this country. But some people find it difficult to face the facts, so let's deflect the topic by descending into University Challenge territory.