1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Treatment for TMJ

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Seadream, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I'll post this in Health too but I wondered whether anyone suffers and what treatment you have had (that works). I don't grind my teeth, I tense my jaw in my sleep. I am permanently tired and always have a lingering headache. I'm totally fed up with it and wondered what I can do. The doctor and dentist have confirmed that I have TMJ but have not recommended treatment except ibuprofen and sleeping tablets... I'd love to feel 'normal' again.

2. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I'll post this in Health too but I wondered whether anyone suffers and what treatment you have had (that works). I don't grind my teeth, I tense my jaw in my sleep. I am permanently tired and always have a lingering headache. I'm totally fed up with it and wondered what I can do. The doctor and dentist have confirmed that I have TMJ but have not recommended treatment except ibuprofen and sleeping tablets... I'd love to feel 'normal' again.