1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

tray method and asd

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by oggs26, Sep 25, 2018.

1. oggs26

oggs26 New commenter

Have been told i need to use tray method for the classroom and work stations. I have been told that need a tray for each subject and the tasks are repeated. They are repeated each day for a few weeks as by practice they learn the skill.
    I am new to the key stage and asd world. Any guidance be great they are aged 10 however ability from reception to p6. Some cane barely write, other read but no comprehension? behaviour is off the wall. We are currently winning on the behaviour however system stuff finding hard.
    Hope this makes sense any ideas just let me now. if not thanks for looking.

2. finfin

finfin New commenter

You need to look up TEACCH. Its good for when pupils come in in the morning if they struggle with the transitions. I personally wouldn’t use it for every subject, but you have to do what’s best for your class, not what someone tells you to do.

3. oggs26

oggs26 New commenter

Thanks for that, im beginning to find away just the planning is driving me mad as so very different