1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Travelling on an ID Card, not a passport- any problems?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by sarahger, Jun 6, 2011.

  1. No, there won't be any issues.The ID-card is perfectly fine for travelling through Europe. I have always been doing this (German ID-card, have been to Spain, Britain, Portugal, France, Hungary .... with it).
  2. noemie

    noemie Occasional commenter

    I echo what Sarah said, I've travelled with my Swiss ID card from the UK to France and it's been fine. Customs people know about them, even if Brits think they're an evil invention! [​IMG]
  3. jubilee

    jubilee Star commenter

    My Spanish friend came to the UK on her ID card years ago. She has since acquired a Spanish pasport as she needed on to go to the USA.
    Your Belgian students can travel in Europe with their ID card (it's what they used to get into the UK, after all) or they can use Belgian passport (not having a UK passport is irrelevant for them).
  4. yasf

    yasf Occasional commenter

    Yep - traveled loads on mine, and have had students on trips use theirs too.
  5. Hi all
    Many thanks for the replies! Yes, it makes sense when I thought about the comment "that's how they got into the country" and having a belgian passport wouldn't hinder them getting in to the UK anyways! Having a dumb moment I was [​IMG]
    However I have got the reassurance I needed and I thank you all again


Share This Page